The Devs of GR:AW2 Have Never Heard Of Situational Awareness.

The Question

Eternal
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 is like the football Lucy Van Peldt was always holding out for Charlie Brown. You get the urge to play. You get all psyched up. You launch a campaign.

And then... fuckin' whoooosh. They yank the fun right out from under ya.

The biggest problem? It goes a little something like this:

Me: sneak sneak sneak sneak sneak
Enemy soldier: tromp tromp tromp tromp tromp!
Me: ready... aim--
Helicopter Dude: TOTALLY IRRELEVANT RADIO CHATTER BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA!!!
Enemy soldier: OMG LOL HEADSHOT! XD
Me: omgwtfdead

Seriously? This is the future of warfare? Dropping soldiers onto the battlefield with no information so you can fill their ears with a running stream of worthless trivia while enemy soldiers are sneaking up on 'em? And it's not just that this audio information is 50 times louder than the sounds of enemies sneaking up on you -- not even, though this is more than bad enough, that these roaring monologues are invariably and utterly fucking useless -- but the voice actors aren't even delivering this (virtually) deadly wastes of sound in anything that even remotely resembles what could pass for a professional manner. The helicopter dude sounds like your bar buddy, and the General dude sounds like a fucking high school principal.

It would be a great game to play -- if it didn't make you want to mute the fucking speakers just because you can't hear what you're fucking doing with the volume up anyway.

The Question

Eternal
Oh: and, of course, the second major bitch about this game -- the enemy AIs are all supersnipers. Seriously, they can headshot you from a mile away on full-auto. WTF?! :pissed: