The Doctor Murdered Amy

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
For all this hifalutin speech about how the flesh are people and blah blah, he killed her. Melted her. Murdered her right in front of Rory.

I am having a hard time with this.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
FUCK YOU! I had been avoiding the other MF Doctor Who thread because the US is a week behind the UK and I didn't want to read any spoilers. I have the episode DVR'd and ready to watch later tonight or tommorrow.

THANKS A FUCKING LOT ASSHOLE!

:rwmad:

DON'T PUT SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES!

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
But I live in the US, and I just watched it on TiVo. How is it my fault that you prioritized checking minefield threads over watching Doctor Who?

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
But I live in the US, and I just watched it on TiVo. How is it my fault that you prioritized checking minefield threads over watching Doctor Who?

Smartass jerk. STOP TRYING TO DEFLECT THE BLAME BACK ON ME WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Where is the love? You loved me for so long. I make one mistake and now you hate me? It's not fair.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Where is the love? You loved me for so long. I make one mistake and now you hate me? It's not fair.

Hate is too strong a word. I am displeased and disappointed in you. But I have now watched the Doctor Who episode so I'm sure my displeasure towards you will fade in time. Life's too short to be mad at you forever for something so trivial.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Putting a spoiler in a thread title on a program a day or two old in your country is a dick move.

We're a week in advance over here Hambil, how would you like it if I started a thread title with "River Song is the doctors sister"?

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Eeewww, they kissed. A lot.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
And anyway, The Doctor didn't murder Amy.

The Amy that was in the TARDIS was not separate from the Amy that was pregnant and captured, the flesh Amy was just an avatar for the real one and not an independent life like the gangers in the episode.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
To rub salt in the wound for Loktar, the title isn't correct anyway.

I don't think they really explained it clearly enough in the episode, but The Flesh at the acid factory were some of the earliest of their kind. They were the forerunners of the type of Flesh that FleshAmy was, but coming from further in the future than them, her programming or design or whatever you want to call it, was more advanced, and instead of being a sentient copy, it was more like Amy's real consciousness was possessing the Flesh body. By destroying FleshAmy the Doc was releasing her consciousness back into her real body. "You haven't been here for a very long time." The Flesh body didn't have any sentience or consciousness of its own, as I understand it.

Must admit I'm not clear on what the Doctor's reasoning was for going to see the Flesh at their conception, though. If it was a test to see if the Flesh copies were inherently evil, then that's irrelevant since FleshAmy was created by bad guys from a future time who could've done anything with the design. And if it was a test to see how real Amy was, then I'm not sure how the trip to the factory really helped answer that question, since a Flesh copy would've responded in the same way she did anyway.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't understand why the eyes were looking out of the wall.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Where did the flesh Amy come from?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Eyepatch Woman.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
To rub salt in the wound for Loktar, the title isn't correct anyway.

Well incorrect or not it isn't very nice to put spoilers in thread titles. I'll be avoiding this one and the other Doctor Who MF thread just in case any UK people want to discuss the mid season finale before it airs in the US next Saturday. I guess I'll be sure to avoid the MF after 9PM EST Saturday before I see next week's episode in case Hambil posts another thread title spoiler.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yeah the bigger thread is pretty spoilery for the next episode so I would steer clear.

After that though you're golden.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
So, I still don't understand why Rory was so hot for that other chick! She isn't even close to being HOT AS POND.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It was more empathy because Rory knows what it's like to be an exact duplicate of yourself and not knowing who you really are.

whisky

Boobie inspector
If you google the actresses name she was in something else pretty steamy by the BBC.