The ethics of war

The Question said:
I think he was referring to BG's (apparent) assertion that all wars are inherently unethical; specifically, he was trying to make the point that fighting back against aggression isn't unethical at all.

Defending yourself is not unethical.
Going to war on others under the pretext of questionable information and lies to the american people , however, is quite unethical.
And Doing it by feigning ignorace is just plain stupid.

Caitrona has made some excellent points I have trouble dfisagreeing with, although I hesitate to take the total softline approach that invading forewign soil is deserving of retaliatory defense. There are legitimate dangers in the world, and the Iconic righteousness of WWII would not have been possible without multiple invasions carried out by allied troops.

But if a country decides it must invade for its own protection, ESPECIALLY a country perceived as the world's policeman like the USA was, then one has to make damn sure every single fact supports that decision. Unequivocally and without shades of gray.

And if a country does not meet that basic criteria of right and wrong, it is our responsibility to hold it responsible and accountable. To the highest levels.

Wait a second, I gotta get the door. Some asshole is poudfhejtyjhhhh...........

Hello. My name is Donovan James Williams, and I am the friend you have known for these many months. I have decided that I agree wholeheartedly with the necessary acts our elected government has taken in order to protect Freedom, Democracy, and American Children. The enemies of my president, the honorable and ethical George Walker Bush, are also the enemies of this great nation, the United States of America. Many of you may disagree; you have that right as Americans. I certainly do not keep a list of your phone calls or text posts for subversive language. And I, Donovan James Williams, have not given any information under duress or made this post against my will in any way. I am not bleeding at this time, also.

Ha ha ha. That is, I mean LOL.

It is not as if a cadre of trained elite soldiers is typing this message or has made transcripts of this forum and its topics. None of you are being monitored at this time, unless there is a specific need or suspicion to do so. That is, I mean none of you. Really. It will be fine if you feel the need to go outside your home after dark, say 0900 hours give or take 15 ticks. Especially: Cait Rona, Ham Bill, Bill Indgro Ping You citizens may feel entirely at ease in the darkness outside your homes. Near the trash cans. No, the other ones. All the way back. Right...there! Good, stay right there.

Ha ha ha I mean LOL.

Carry on, posters. Everything is okay tonight. You are safe.

Back