The Great

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
CaptainWacky, I am so glad you told me to watch this. It is so good and it is bonkers.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It is! Elle Fanning is really talented and all the rest of the cast are strong too. I havne't finished the season yet but I am finding each episode compelling and funny.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Huzzah!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It reminds me of The Princess Bride a little. The humor and wackiness mixed with darkness. It's a whole lot better than anything else I am watching right now.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
If you haven't seen The Favourite you should watch The Favourite as it's by the same writer and has a very similar tone.

(it's a film)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Okay, Wacky! I FINISHED IT.

What a wild show, I loved it. I hope there is another season.

CaptainWacky

I liked how all the characters weren't really wholly good or evil but just had their own agendas. It reminded me a bit of how Game of Thrones was in the early seasons before they pussied out and had Tyrion crying about war and Dany turning into Satan. But funnier.

Elle was amazing. I've always liked her in everything I've seen her in but this was her best role by far and even I was surprised at how good she was. And to get a producer credit aged 22 probably doesn't happen very often! Nicholas Hoult was great as Peter too. As much of a monster as he could be he was still likable by the end.

My only real issue would be that I didn't care much about Leo, so the big moment in the finale didn't have as much impact as it could have.

I guess if it's cancelled they can say her revolution was a success at that moment but if it's renewed something can go wrong or she calls it off because her bear tells her to or something.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was thinking the same thing! Catherine is the hero of the story, but she is a little vicious. Peter was the villain, but he was kinda adorable.

CaptainWacky

Even Archie seemed to genuinely believe he was serving God (even though really he was just getting high) and I don't think he got sexual pleasure out of the fingering (though it was understandable when Catherine bit his finger later.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
YAY!!

CaptainWacky

I hope she has magical powers in season 2.

CaptainWacky

Huz.zah.

CaptainWacky

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I can't wait!

CaptainWacky

You have to, due to the linearity of time.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Time is like baseball.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Unless you're playing against Vulcans. Then it just seems to go on forever.

CaptainWacky

I am enjoing season two, it's still a good show!