I want to smell dark matter
Like, ever.

[YOUTUBE]fKVYAqtKBVI[/YOUTUBE]

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
NOT AVAILABLE :rwmad:

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Someone's got to find a mirror or something because my interest is piqued.

CaptainWacky

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT BEING BRITISH.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
For those of us not graced with the indomitable pleasure of living within the bounds of Her Majesty's United Kingdom, I believe these video clips parlay the original intention of CaptainWacky's thread:

Yahoo Science video of what I believe is the same clip, but feel free to correct me.

The origin of my knowledge of male giraffe battles came from QI:

[YOUTUBE]2fkM5w8KwNY#t=903s[/YOUTUBE]

You don't have to watch the whole episode - for some reason the "current time" formatting isn't working for me here in the forum. They start talking giraffes at around 10:40, and the topic of fighting amongst male specimens begins at 15 minutes in.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I even loved the "making of" bit afterwards they did on the telly.

Same here. I usually give those a miss as they can seem a bit self congratulatory, and knowing that they're only there instead of ten more minutes of proper footage because of US advert breaks peeves me slightly.

But it was really interesting. And surprising, as the version in the show was so engrossing that it didn't occur to me that what was being shown was only taking up a few seconds in real time.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's not the same without David Schwimmer's voice.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
If I sat down to watch a wildlife documentary and David Schwimmer started speaking I would throw my tv away.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Maybe not throw my TV away, but turn it off and weep into my hands.

The same way as when I'm in CinemaOne and have to laugh internally and shake my head at the fact that Planet Earth has been narrated by Oprah Winfrey. No one can replace David Attenborough for me.

Melman was pretty cool, though.

[YOUTUBE]mI66QRspRQY[/YOUTUBE]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
He was the giraffe in Madagascar. :(

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Playing a giraffe in a movie vs. travelling all over the world and presenting wildlife documentaries for 60 years. :teach:

CaptainWacky

I want to spend more than a night!