The Greatest Martial Arts Movie in History

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
So help me, If ANYONE ever so much as even dreams about remaking this movie, I will personally hunt them down, bite their heads off, and shit down their necks until it runs out of their own assholes!!!! :mmph:

[youtube]avyweHVnRbU[/youtube]

This is TRULY a classic above all classics!! :techman:

Seph

Retired Account
dragons forever is better.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's good but it's no King Kung Fu.

Daystrom

m'frstthotontconinthesack
I'm quite familiar with this film, it even stirred up a little shit in my personal life back in the long ago...

Back in 1979 I was forced to defend myself when a kid at my school attacked me with a switchblade in some kind of demonstration of white pride. during the attack he lost an eye at my hand. It was said I took out his eye "5 venom style". It wasn't 5 venom style but it was kung fu. Later that day his cousin (and one of the people that talked him into attacking me with the knife) instigated a race war that I would follow me around to this day as the investigation began, or (but more likely "and") ended at the point the boy lost his eye. That was 32 years ago. 32 years.

starguard

Of all the Vemons, Sun Chien ( aka: "Scorpion" ) was always my favorite :cool:

[youtube]z2XdzVTjBRA[/youtube]

starguard

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :phpevil::phpevil::phpevil:

Shaw Brothers Films to Return to the Big Screen First Chinese Language remakes of Iconic Martial-Arts Films
2006-11-3

"Hong Kong, 3 November 2006 - Celestial Pictures will initiate film projects on the remakes of the Shaw Brothers' iconic classics, Five Deadly Venoms and Flying Guillotine. These will be the first and long-awaited Chinese language remakes of the legendary Shaw Brothers films. Celestial Pictures will also distribute these two films worldwide.

Action-thriller director Kirk Wong (The Big Hit, Crime Story) will helm as director and write the screenplay of Five Deadly Venoms, the movie that inspired Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill Vol.1 and Vol.2. Five Deadly Venoms sees the return of the poison clan that took martial-arts fans by storm. In this remake, set in contemporary times, the beautiful but lethal Spider Girl has joined the all-male clan replacing one of the original male characters.

This gives the word "BLASTPHAMY" an entirely whole new meaning :mmph:

LINK: Celestial Pictures - Newsroom

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Flying guilotine was AWESOME. I wanted one of those cheese chucker hat fu things for Christmas. I can't remember where I watched it, but I saw a "mythbusters" type program where the guys in it tried to make a real one of those, IIRC it didn't work so well.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
"Master Killer" was better.

starguard

Here is another old school hero of mines named "Moon Lee" from the movie "Fists of Heroes". She made her debut in the 80's during the "Girls with Guns" era and was a really great actress. She is indeed another great performer that can never be replaced...

[youtube]9yZjD6RXlbA[/youtube]

..although I havet to admit that I have no idea where the swords came from :eek:

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Not strictly an all martial-arts film...but "Big Trouble in Little China" kinda brought that style to the "masses" in the US.