The New Year's Spaceship is coming to take me!

Tyrant

I just realized how unhealthy it might be to quantize all of your experiences within a certain period of time and suddenly 'leave' the good and the bad behind, like a rat leaving a sinking ship. But we all know people would rather leave behind bad stuff than remain with the good.

When you wake up with a hangover the next day, everything is going to magically be different.

Gauging mainstream media, which is simply the greatest way to discern the alphas and betas of humanity, reveals just how many people submit to the mentality of 'starting over,' a 'new chance with a new year,' etc. The New Year's Resolution is just one sign of many, although it makes up a huge part of the psychology of New Year's.

Gene_ray_time_cube.jpg

Pictured: A stupid prole who thinks days and time are physical, and not abstract, in nature.

When you combine these 3, which are, resetting the clock in your brain (thinking that days are physically piled one on top of the other and you're going to be king of the hill once more), meeting others that are also getting themselves capped and do every drink and drug under the sun with them and 'resolving' to ensure a happier year for yourself, you get the perfect recipe for staggering drunken idiots to kill each other and bystanders

I always wanted to start my own religion. Whereas you shall move 'forward' in time, I shall choose remain in 2006. From here I and my followers will be lost in the timestream, free to move and leave 'time periods' at will. We shall live forever, and you shall meet doom!

Cranky Bastard

Comments on this post
Gagh If you don't understand it, don't fucking post in it.

I understood it just fine, dipshit.

Tyrant

Am I the only person who finds it silly that people use their holiday experiences as a yardstick to define how 'well' they are doing, in the most vaguest of terms?

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
They do? That would be silly. I think that people don't really do that in their heads, I think they do that on a very superficial, social level, as "proof" to those around them of how well they are doing. But I doubt people really think of themselves and their accomplishments (or lack of) that way.

Cranky Bastard

Messenger said:
Am I the only person who finds it silly that people use their holiday experiences as a yardstick to define how 'well' they are doing, in the most vaguest of terms?

Sometimes the subconscious knows the truth and the conscious needs affirmation and support.

Tyrant