The North American Union -- how much do you know?

Dor_Jan

missmanners' favorite toy
Nau.PNG

The North American Union is a proposed international government encompassing the nations of Canada, the United States, and Mexico. It could be considered the North American analogue of the European Union. The blueprint for this governing body was laid out in a 2005 report entitled "Building a North American Community" published by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), an American foreign policy think tank, with input from the Canadian Council of Chief Executives and the Consejo Mexicano de Asuntos Internacionales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union

North American Union to Replace USA?
President Bush is pursuing a globalist agenda to create a North American Union, effectively erasing our borders with both Mexico and Canada. This was the hidden agenda behind the Bush administration's true open borders policy.
I think that's misleading. I don't think it's globalist at all; it's intended to boost a failing American economy and production capacity. Maybe Bush's cabinet realizes that the USA will not be able to compete with the EU, China, India, or Russia in the near future after all.

Bush Administration Quietly Plans NAFTA Super Highway

nasco_home_page_09.jpg

http://www.nascocorridor.com/

I think it very unlikely for this to be made 'public public' anytime soon. However, the road (No pun intended) to this has already been laid. All it would take would be for the dust to settle in the Middle Eastern debacle.

Of course, it wouldn't be an issue of an American economy caught in the current tailspin it finds itself in, but one of other nations advancing too rapidly for the US to keep up. Justifying it's need to be the world's policeman, the government could simply cite a desperate need for a stronger economic bloc (Along with all that wonderful Mexican food which we wouldn't have if it weren't for immigrants, since only they can cook it.)

The Question

Eternal
Oh, yeah, this is a GREAT idea. The big government we have doesn't ignore what we want enough, so let's make an even BIGGER government that'll be even BETTER at ignoring the will of the people.

HeroicFool

It will never happen.

American nationalism is still too strong.

A common currency with two inferior countries? I think not.

Rafterman

There's no place like home-
HeroicFool said:
It will never happen.

Think again, it's been happening for the past twenty years.

The only thing that will stop it is if the American people finally rise up and really change the political system.

Destroy the CSA (Corporate States of America) and take back our country.

Dor_Jan

missmanners' favorite toy
HeroicFool said:
It will never happen.

It won't be a dissolution of the country. The European states didn't go for it: it had to be a very gradual process and even then none of them really surrendered their complete sovereignty.

It's not a question of 'if' but of 'when.' The American dollar is the de facto currency of many South American nations. Yes, the USA would dominate it economically (As Russia would the EU,) but there are no real roadblocks preventing this.

Ogami

Central America needs such a union. So does South America. Or Africa. It would be kind of redundant for North America, NAFTA goes far enough.

I look out at the countries in South and Central America, and ask why none of these countries have a Ford, a GM, a Boeing, a McDonnell Douglas. Why can none of these countries produce a Stealth Bomber, or a Saturn SUV?

They're all perfect Catholic hellholes, with rebels living in the jungles, and open sewers in the city. Latinos are proud of their culture, but I have to wonder what exactly about the cultures of those countries they should be proud of. The United States feeds the world, we are a beacon of light to countries across the world. And what have the countries to the south produced? Revolution, starvation and squalor.

Let's see some United states of Central and South America before anyone starts worrying about the North. "Latino" culture needs a larger federal framework much more than we do.

-Ogami

Captain Jack

HeroicFool said:
It will never happen.

I hope you are right. I really hate George Dumbshit Bush.

Paladin

HeroicFool said:
It will never happen.

Inferior countries? Mexico perhaps but certainly not Canada. Our wealth grows as your wanes. You just want an excuse to get your hands upon our oil and that of Mexico. So go fuck yourself. It is never going to happen. Canadians hate you more than the Mexicans do.

Paladin

Ogami said:
Central America needs such a union. So does South America. Or Africa. It would be kind of redundant for North America, NAFTA goes far enough.

I look out at the countries in South and Central America, and ask why none of these countries have a Ford, a GM, a Boeing, a McDonnell Douglas. Why can none of these countries produce a Stealth Bomber, or a Saturn SUV?

They're all perfect Catholic hellholes, with rebels living in the jungles, and open sewers in the city. Latinos are proud of their culture, but I have to wonder what exactly about the cultures of those countries they should be proud of. The United States feeds the world, we are a beacon of light to countries across the world. And what have the countries to the south produced? Revolution, starvation and squalor.

Let's see some United states of Central and South America before anyone starts worrying about the North. "Latino" culture needs a larger federal framework much more than we do.

-Ogami

The United States feeds the world? Funny that since our agricultural output far outstrips your own.

Ogami

Paladin wrote:

The United States feeds the world? Funny that since our agricultural output far outstrips your own.

Thanks for the Canadian bacon, too!

Tyrant

Bump