The Sandman - Netflix

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
There's a LOT of characters to cast for season two, should they get one and assuming they do all the stories I think they will...

Delirium
Destiny

Odin
Loki
Thor
Susanoo-no-Mikoto
Bast
Cluracan
Nuala
Duma
Remiel

Puck
Titania
Auberon

Wanda
Thessaly
Foxglove
Hazel
That Cuckoo Guy

And more really!

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Norse huh?

Any chance of an Ian McShane appearance as Odin? :D
I don't know Ian McShane, but Googling his image, he would be a decent choice based on the comic. In the comic, Odin looks more like a bum than some kind of armored space Viking. I don't know enough Norse mythology to say if this is more accurate than the traditional depiction or not, although I've tried researching it halfheartedly a few times.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
There's a LOT of characters to cast for season two, should they get one and assuming they do all the stories I think they will...

Delirium
Destiny

Odin
Loki
Thor
Susanoo-no-Mikoto
Bast
Cluracan
Nuala
Duma
Remiel

Puck
Titania
Auberon

Wanda
Thessaly
Foxglove
Hazel
That Cuckoo Guy

And more really!

Delirium will take quite a performance from whoever gets it. Same with Destruction.

There is still somewhat of a question mark over the renewal, unfortunately. It debuted number 1 but apparently not with numbers that would be blowing the execs at Netflix away, especially considering the cost of the series to make. It's getting some good word of mouth so hopefully, it can pick up a bit of a second wind because it would be a real shame if it didn't get renewed. I feel it will but it's not a sure thing just yet.

I was flicking through my copy of Seasons of Mist and there are so many fantastic shots and set pieces I'd love to see realized in live action.

CaptainWacky

Jessie Buckley as Delirium (she has red hair and can act!)

CaptainWacky

Seems like it's doing well in its second week.

CaptainWacky

It was good, both stories were pretty much straight from the comic and done well. Kind of weird sticking them together since there isn't much connection between them but I suppose it's because they didn't want a 15 minute animated episode on its own. I wish the cats would manage to get together and dream and kill us all. Calliope was suitably disturbing and works as a standalone anthology type story while also giving some interesting info about Dream (he's got a son!)

Hopefully they dropped the episode now because they knew people are enjoying the show and want more and they're not just dumping it here to get rid of it before announcing there's no season two...

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
It was good, both stories were pretty much straight from the comic and done well. Kind of weird sticking them together since there isn't much connection between them but I suppose it's because they didn't want a 15 minute animated episode on its own. I wish the cats would manage to get together and dream and kill us all. Calliope was suitably disturbing and works as a standalone anthology type story while also giving some interesting info about Dream (he's got a son!)

Hopefully they dropped the episode now because they knew people are enjoying the show and want more and they're not just dumping it here to get rid of it before announcing there's no season two...
Is this another son or Lyta's dream baby son?

CaptainWacky

Another son who he has with a character who appears in episode 11.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I finally watched the extra episodes. I liked the cat dream! I hope Morpheus and Calliope meet again in a future episode.

CaptainWacky

Gaiman being realistic about the chance of a season two...

CaptainWacky

Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
*sigh* My neighbor just texted me, asking if I had Netflix because there's this really cool show I'd enjoy called "The Sandman." I texted back that I do not but that I have the entire run of the comic book it is based on that went from 1989-1995.

She did NOT ask if she could borrow it some time.

She did suggest I see if I can get the Netflix series on DVD. :(

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
For Season 2, Mervyn Pumpkinhead will be played by a watermelon and voiced by Lizzo.

CaptainWacky

He was literally already in season one voiced by Mark Hamill. LOL BLACK PEOPLE EXIST.