The Sandman - Netflix

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

The full main cast for Netflix’s ‘The Sandman’ series has been revealed, including Tom Sturridge, Gwendoline Christie, Vivienne Acheampong, Boyd Holbrook, Charles Dance, Asim Chaudhry and Sanjeev Bhaskar, for the series that is currently in production in London.

As for who these actors will star as, Tom Sturridge will play DREAM, Gwendoline Christie will play LUCIFER, Vivienne Acheampong will play LUCIENNE, Boyd Holbrook will play THE CORINTHIAN, Charles Dance will play RODERICK BURGESS, Asim Chaudry will play ABEL and Sanjeev Bhaskar will play CAIN.

Allan Heinberg is set to write and serve as showrunner on the 11-episode series.

I decided to make a new thread, since all the old threads are hundreds of years old. (or I couldn't find one I liked)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Can't really be the "full" cast since they haven't announced Death who will surely be in it quite a bit unless something's changed...

That's certainly one wat to ensure their version of Lucifer is different from the guy from Miranda.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Any idea on the ETA for this? I'm pretty psyched.

CaptainWacky

Probably like a year from now.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Well, I won't hold my breath then :D

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I kind of feel like anime is the best way to do The Sandman right. I guess most of the stories are human-based and a lot can be done with green screen but somehow I don't buy it as live action. Although I've been wrong before.

CaptainWacky

KEIRA KNIGHTLEY AS DESIRE.

CaptainWacky

Johanna Constantine is a really minor character in the books so a bit strange Jenna Coleman is playing her; I'm guessing she'll also fill John Constantine's present day part as well (since i doubt they'll have Matt Ryan in it.)

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Great. More revisionist casting. Black Death. I shall avoid this like The Plague.

CaptainWacky

Seeya.

CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky

Fun Lovin' Dave

I've come across Sandman several times over the years and have seen how highly regarded it is by it's fans. I really wish they would consider this when they give the green light to these projects. If you are going to do a half-baked job or even three quarter baked job, the fan-base will crucify you. Why bother?

The Question

Eternal
If you are going to do a half-baked job or even three quarter baked job, the fan-base will crucify you. Why bother?

For the money. And because they haven't got the creative talent -- or the courage -- to launch a property wholly of their own creation. So they latch onto an existing property, with an existing fanbase, and inevitably shit it up until that fanbase is gone.

If this was the first time, we wouldn't see it coming. And when it does, we could forgive it as an act of colossal hubris. But this will be another instance in a long, long line of such instances; at this point, it looks very, very much like another salvo in a deliberate campaign of cultural vandalism.

I expect, not so very long from now, we'll get a "reimagining" of V For Vendetta where the lead role is played by a black, disabled, metasexual dachsund whose pronouns are "This/That".

CaptainWacky

I've come across Sandman several times over the years and have seen how highly regarded it is by it's fans. I really wish they would consider this when they give the green light to these projects. If you are going to do a half-baked job or even three quarter baked job, the fan-base will crucify you. Why bother?

The trailer has been very well received and original writer Neil Gaiman is heavily involved in the show, so not sure what you're talking about.

CaptainWacky

This looks really good.

CaptainWacky

Looks like they're beefing up Constantine's part a bit because Jenna is the most well known actor in the cast...which is fine by me!