The Sausageman & Dr Dave Ron Paul discussion thread

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I always laugh when people still refer to him as a Libertarian.

(Disclaimer: I am not SAUSAGEMAN nor am I Dr Dave)

SAUSAGEMAN

He'll finish well, that's virtually assured. Something like 20-25% of the vote. Romney should also get 20-25% of the vote. It's too early to tell if Paul will be first, though. You have this bunch of nobodies splitting the non-Romney vote at the back of the pack - your Bachmanns, Gingriches, Perries, and Santorums. If that non-Romney vote gets their shit together, they'll coalesce around one candidate and that candidate will win - realistically, that candidate will be Santorum or Perry, probably Santorum.

A Ron Paul victory would be funnest of all - he'd have a real shot at New Hampshire, too, but it would end up with Romney winning the nomination. Santorum or Perry winning would be best because they could actually beat Mittens. I'll just about blow my load if Mittens comes in third in Iowa (if you had told him one year ago that he was gonna come in third in Iowa...)

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I was listening to a liberal talk show earlier today, and the guest they had on predicted Romney would get the nomination.

At this point, I suspect the guest/you are correct.

SAUSAGEMAN

Oh yeah, Romney's solid right now. There needs to be something like a perfect storm to knock him off. He needs to come in third in Iowa, for Ron Paul and Huntsman to eat into enough of his vote in New Hampshire that even if he wins there, the media will discount it (I suspect that if he wins with less that 35% of the vote, that'll do it) and for whoever won Iowa to with South Carolina. If that happens, Romney's probably 50/50 to win. If it doesn't, he auto wins. I'd probably rate him a 80% favourite or so.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I read this as "Ron Perlman discussion thread". :(

SAUSAGEMAN

Yeah ok nevermind Ron Paul is not going to break 20% in Iowa. The dream is over.

"Employee rights are said to be valid when employers pressure employees into sexual activity," Paul wrote. "Why don't they quit once the so-called harassment starts? Obviously the morals of the harasser cannot be defended, but how can the harassee escape some responsibility for the problem? Seeking protection under civil rights legislation is hardly acceptable."

It's on you, Rick!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Rick would call for the victim to be exorcised, or tested to see if she is a witch. If she were raped by her father, she'd still have to have the baby.

Rick is a joke.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Impossible. Four years of giggling every time we hear the phrases "Santorum administration"? MADDNESS.

SAUSAGEMAN

Facts about Rick Santorum:
-"I overheard someone from Pella asking Rick's son if he disagrees with his father on anything. His answer: "Yeah...he likes chocolate ice cream, I like vanilla.""
-"I couldn't get a good picture, but Rick Santorum drinks his own "Santorum" water. It's his own labeled bottled water."
-His son is still in the running towards becoming America's next top model.
3374.imgcache.jpg

SAUSAGEMAN

Breaking news about Santorum:

[url=https://twitter.com/#!/rupertmurdoch/status/153995555603890176]Rupert Murdoch[/url] said:
Can't resist this tweet, but all Iowans think about Rick Santorum. Only candidate with genuine big vision for country.

he's gonna win

Dr Dave

pillzlol
So far it seems to be a three way tie in the polls between Ron Paul, Mit Romney, and Santorum.

I would not mind seeing Santorum win in Iowa, just so Romney would not get first there.

SAUSAGEMAN

Mitt beat Santorum by 8 votes. Iowa, you have forsaken me!

(Ron Paul finished third, 4% back, and Rand was pissed.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Santorum Surge Nearly Washed Mittens Away!

(I think Rand was generally bitter that whole night, because he realized he will never obtain the cult of personality that his father has -- because he has no personality).

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]XKfuS6gfxPY[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not a Ron Paul fan OR ANYTHING, but this is a kickass campaign commercial.

SAUSAGEMAN

RuPaul 2012
RuPaul explained to POLITICO: "I'm going to N.H. on a mission to spread love and set the record straight: contrary to recent reports, I am NOT Ron Paul. And I am not running for President of the United States. I hope to meet Ron Paul in person so we can be seen together to put the rumors to rest once and for all. And to remind Mr. Paul and all the Republican Presidential candidates ‘if you can't love yourself how in the hell are you going to love somebody else. Can I get an ‘Amen?’"

RuPaul described himself in a press release as “not a political person by nature,” but added, “any time a man leaves the house in a wig and a pair of cha cha heels, he's making a political statement. Let us not forget that this great nation was founded by a bunch of men wearing wigs.”