The Soul

Pthalo BlueMoon

missmanners' favorite toy
If the soul were able to be analyzed, what do you think it would be made of? Matter? Energy?

Do you think the soul could consist of positive morals and ethics?

The good in people.....the building blocks of the soul.

Do you think the soul weighs anything? I heard about people weighing a little less after death. Could that loss of weight have been the soul leaving the body?

I've always wanted to have an out of body experience. My soul being tethered to my body by a single golden cord. Fascinating.

The closest I ever came was being hypnotized. I'm very easily hypnotized. I took a hypnosis class in college, and I went to one of my Prof's demonstrations at another university. I was hypnotized into thinking I was Lois Lane. Honestly.

One time I went to a county fair and there was a hypnotist there. He didn't choose me to go on stage, but whern he put the people on stage under, I kept going under in my seat. He finally brought me on stage. he gave us the suggestion that we had suddenly lost our clothes. Everyone dodged behind their chairs to cover themselves.

Everyone, that is, except me. I got up, and started doing a shimmy! I didn't remember it afterwards, but all night long people were coming up to me, and sayin g how much they enjoyed the show.

Huh...

Pthalo BlueMoon

My hypnosis professor was cool. He said I was one of the easiest people he had ever hypnotized. Easily one of the most fun classes I have ever taken.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
^ What do you think this says about you, PBM?

Kerb Crawler

"The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat." - Albert Einstein

Kerb Crawler

Pthalo BlueMoon said:
If the soul were able to be analyzed, what do you think it would be made of? Matter? Energy?

Ethereal intention.

Do you think the soul could consist of positive morals and ethics?

No. It is like space, infinite and boundless, free from pre-conception.

The good in people.....the building blocks of the soul.

So, what would be the evil in people? Potholes of the soul?

Do you think the soul weighs anything? I heard about people weighing a little less after death. Could that loss of weight have been the soul leaving the body?

How much longer after death? Immediately?

I've always wanted to have an out of body experience. My soul being tethered to my body by a single golden cord. Fascinating.

What is it about this that appeals to you? Is it that you hope to perceive something more than yourself by leaving yourself?

The closest I ever came was being hypnotized. I'm very easily hypnotized. I took a hypnosis class in college, and I went to one of my Prof's demonstrations at another university. I was hypnotized into thinking I was Lois Lane. Honestly.

Ha! That's better than being made to walk around clucking like a chicken, methinks!

One time I went to a county fair and there was a hypnotist there. He didn't choose me to go on stage, but whern he put the people on stage under, I kept going under in my seat. He finally brought me on stage. he gave us the suggestion that we had suddenly lost our clothes. Everyone dodged behind their chairs to cover themselves.

Too funny!

Everyone, that is, except me. I got up, and started doing a shimmy! I didn't remember it afterwards, but all night long people were coming up to me, and sayin g how much they enjoyed the show.

PARTY GIRL!

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Pthalo BlueMoon said:

Leftover grease from McDonald's?

Pthalo BlueMoon said:

Try a couple of hits of acid and a few bottles of cheap wine. ;)

Pthalo BlueMoon said:

Everyone, that is, except me. I got up, and started doing a shimmy! I didn't remember it afterwards, but all night long people were coming up to me, and saying how much they enjoyed the show.

I've never been hypnotized, personally. I dabbled in self-hypnosis a long time ago, but that's actually more of a meditation thing.

Is your avatar Ashton Kutcher with a Farrah Fawcett/Leif Garrett wig?

Pthalo BlueMoon

This thread was the product of a percocet trip. It was interesting. :D

Being under hypnosis is hard to describe. You're aware of what's going on, but you are highly suggestible.

The Question

Eternal
Pthalo BlueMoon said:

It's more likely that the slight loss of weight is due to the body's tendency to evacuate its bladder and bowels once the autonomous processes that normally prevent such an event have ended.

I'm not sure what hypnosis has to do with the soul, but i enjoyed yer story. :)

The soul is something that defies the normal laws of physics. I doubt it can be seen, felt, weighed, etc. It's just a life force.

Although i'm not saying i believe in god or a soul.

The Question

Eternal
Pthalo BlueMoon said:
TQ, ever the pragmatist. Do you ever allow your mind to soar to unlimited heights into the clouds, my friend? :)

Sure. That's what storytelling is for. Flights of fancy are fine, as long as you remember to keep them neatly seperated from practical concerns. However...

At the same time, the two can inform and inspire each other -- but they should never mingle too closely. Jules Verne dreamed of the modern concept of what a submarine would be, but he wasn't the first; submersible watercraft were a reality as early as the early 17th century, according to sources collated in this article.

But whereas the concept had already existed, Verne used his imagination and talent to speculate on what more could be achieved with the concept; his imagination, at least in part, may be assumed to have spurred on greater innovations, by setting new "goal-posts" for the idea.

But imagine if he'd placed the importance of the fantasy above the importance of his pragmatic need to publish in order to sustain himself -- the world might never have read of Captain Nemo, or the Nautilus, and those goal posts might have stayed just where they were until another man with both the imagination and a sense of the pragmatic came along to move them ahead.

The point of mentioning that is that flights of fancy are only worthy of being indulged insofar as they are useful for some tangible or at least definitive purpose. Outside of that, they waste time and divert attention which could more productively be directed elsewhere.

speck

Belief and faith are powerful things when used correctly