The Umbrella Academy

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Sometimes people are just cubes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I liked the wedding. I also really like Klaus and dad hanging out together, lol.

CaptainWacky

IF YOU HAVE TWO EPISODES TO GO YOU WILL BE FINISHED ON SUNDAY RIGHT?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I WILL DO MY BEST, MOFO.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SEASON 3 THOUGHTS (big spoilers in tags but mild spoilers below)

I enjoyed it overall. The characters are all good and most of the actors are great at playing them. Elliot Page had some strong stuff with the coming out scenes and I liked Viktor being more confident than Vanya. Ritu Arya is great and should have her own show. Everyone was good really! The interactions between the characters are fun and often very funny. I like the monkey. There was some nice weirdness, like one of the Sparrows just being a flying cube and nobody even asking why. There were fun musical montages and dance scenes and such. It's a fun show and at its best very fun!

But it had the same annoyance as the previous two seasons where they find out about the apocalype halfway through then just...do nothing. For like four episodes. I get this is PARTLY because the characters are so self involved that they're more likely to go off and worry about their own shit than care about the end of the world, but at a certain point it felt like padding. A few conversations were repeated too many times. I wasn't quite clear on how much of the world was destroyed at any given time (Pogo's bar is just going on as normal while the world is falling apart?) Then the finale ended up feeling rushed after them fucking around in the hotel for four episodes not accomplishing much in the lead up.

Why didn't Reginald enact his plan before? He had seven kids in this reality and could have done it at any time. Unless there was some line about how the doorway to the other universe only happened at the end of the world or something.

Allison got REALLY annoying as it went on. And I get that she was kind of like that in season one anyway, and the actress did a great job playing her, but her hate for Viktor got so extreme that I started to wonder if we were supposed to think Viktor being trans was part of it (but they were really careful to show all the siblings near instantly accept Viktor so I don't think it was that.)

The end of the finale was pretty unsatisfying...

Okay, so Allison stopped Reginald from reseting the universe and did it herself...but Reginald still got everything he wanted anyway and became super rich. If she did that because of the deal between them, why did she step in and take over being the one to reset the universe, as if she didn't trust him? If she didn't trust him to live up to the deal, why did she end up making him super rich and powerful in the new reality? Why did she make Sloane disappear? I didn't think she had a problem with Luther and Sloane getting married. What was the mid credit scene of Ben on a train supposed to mean? And why did future Five tell his young self to let the universe end?

I think Reggie set up the resetting and Allison just pushed the button, maybe.

My favorite parts of this season all involved Klaus. The wedding was pretty sweet, too.

Mirah

I love you
I can't tell if I am caught up or not. I was at the part the world ended, and then ended again, but

That sounds like the first two seasons then.

I have been watching 1-3 episodes a night. and now I am at season 3!

I liked watching Vanya's and Sissy's relationship. I liked the Ben part.
I had way more to say about this a moment ago, before I saw "The Sparrow Academy" part.

Also-what about the fish that handler swallowed?
Also I liked how the family all stuck together at the end.
AND said thier goodbyes-Oh yeah, I remember now-I want to look up who sung the "Wicked Games" song, that was awesome and overall the music from the last episode was awesome.
My reviews are dumb.
CArry on

I didn't realize I was at SEason 3 already, I was hoping to just ride the feeling of thinking about how they were changed from being in 1963-and how our world is now and it made me think of things. That is all.

Mirah

I love you
I started season 3
I won't read any updates in this thread until I get a little farther in.
I don't like it right now.
I don't like that people don't exist
I don't like that the sparrow group is so harsh and edgy, that gets old after a while

CaptainWacky

It has been renewed for a fourth and final season.