The View From The Throne (redux)

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Quite a week...we FINALLY broke the Cushing's disease formula we've been working on (actually why I was rehired by the company) and it goes on sale today. Pitch cards and sellsheets are ready.

Cushings is when a horse gets a tumor on its pituitary. It manifests as metabolic disorder (hair falls out, excessive sweating, founder and laminitis, and finally death) kind of like diabetes, only much more profound and disabling for the horse. There's a drug that "helps" them, and then the liver and kidneys eventually break down from that.

Jiagulan is the main ingredient. Some sort of extract from this plant, combined with specific amino acids (N-acetyl carnitine, methionine, creatine and a couple of others, and then all these weird herbs.

We've been field testing the product for almost a year, and couldn't get the horses to eat it until the last go round, now the product is ready. This will be a HUGE breakthrough in the industry, and I'm pretty proud and excited to be part of it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My granddaughter Isabel is now just about walking. She's beyond adorable and an interesting new aspect of my life these days. She "scoots" so fast and is fascinated by our new dog.

My old dog (Teo) passed over a year ago, still broken up about that, but the new one "Cadhan" (celtic for "little prince" I think) is a rottweiler/corgi mix. very unusual, and very cute and intense. Kind of weird going from the worlds largest dog to one of the smallest, but he's a sweetheart.

Speaking of that, my wife was attacked and bitten severely by a neighbors dog on her hip, and while trying to heal from that, lost her balance and fell on the wood stove, severely (2nd some 3rd degree) burning her other hip, so she's laid up pretty good for the next few weeks. I finally got her to start taking some Vicodin so she can sleep at night and she's finally starting to heal.

My son just turned 18 and is either going to UVM after he graduates, or to Colorado/Boulder. I would prefer UVM because Colorado is broke right now and that will be tough economically for him, but we'll see.

As soon as he graduates, we're moving out of the area. No plans on that yet, but that will be an interesting adventure. I commute over two hours every day to the job, so we'll be looking for a place a littel closer to the lake.

I hope you all are having a lovely life too, just wanted to share a little of what's really happening these days.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Shut the fuck up, jacques.

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
Ouch, sorry to hear about your wife's misadventures. Hope she heals up quickly.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
yeah, what Bick said.

I wasn't aware that M. Cushing was something horses could have, too. I know that disease in humans, it really is a tough condition to be in. If that remedy really works (at least in horses), it'd be awesome.
Jiagulan - that's some tea plant, iirc?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Yep, it's from the cucumber family actually spelled jioagulan. The best brand of the tea is called "Immortali-tea" LOL, its a potent adaptagen and antioxidant. These are all human grade nutrients we're working with, so if it works in horses it should work in people too. And yes, it's the same disease.