There was an episode of Voyager centred around copyright law

SAUSAGEMAN

That is literally a thing that is true. They sat around the table, and thought "you know, it'd be cool if we explored the idea of the Doctor suing people in the Alpha Quadrant for intellectual property violations".

SAUSAGEMAN

And then Kathryn Janeway (pbuh) decides "Those 13 minutes of contact we have with the AQ every day? We'll use them to settle the Doctor's frivolous lawsuit, because clearly we have nothing better to worry about than whether his IP rights are getting violated, 50,000 light years away."

whisky

Boobie inspector
After four series, three of them lasting 7 years we're lucky we didnt get an episode about the ingrediants of pasta bolognese.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Remember the episode where Janeway's bun became sentient and wiped out a planet full of midgets? Next episode the bun was gone and never mentioned again.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Q invented torrenting as a way to lure the MPAA and the RIAA to the Devron system.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Remember the episode where Janeway's bun became sentient and wiped out a planet full of midgets? Next episode the bun was gone and never mentioned again.

Still, it was better than threshold.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Not by much.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Was the copyright one the one with the absolutely ridiculous ending of a load of EMH holograms working as miners or whatever the fuck it was?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Scraping space-barnacles off a freighter or something, yes.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]yIU_H8axV7o[/YOUTUBE]

I wanna hug this kid, and then I wanna slap him hard.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Small Trekkie world. That guy posts on SFM, where whisky and I occasionally contribute (check out his Encyclopedia book review, it's like a parody of scifi nerds).

CaptainWacky

WHy the fuck would they need to (somehow) take EMHs out of their ships, reprogram them to be miners and put them on this rock. Why not just CREATE MINER HOLOGRAMS.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
That was explained in "Life Line" when the Doc was sent to Jupiter station to treat Zimmerman. While Voyager was away, the EMH-1 was quickly declared a failure, and when the EMH-2s were implemented, the EMH-1s were repurposed for Starfleet grunt work rather than deactivated.

SO YOU SEE? IT MADE PERFECT SENSE TO DEANNA! AND THE IGUANA!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
(lol I just happened to watch all the Barclay episodes last weekend)

CaptainWacky

No, that really doesn't explain it. Why would they need to repurpose outdated holograms? They're just fucking holograms. They didn't repurpose The Goddess Of Empathy when Barclay's pervy simulations were deleted. Why would they take EMHs out of ships (how exactly are they doing that without mobile emitters?) turn them into miners (so changing everything about them but their appearance) and put them on a rock INSTEAD OF JUST SAYING "computer, create some miners!" It's not like there's a finite number of holograms that can exist. I WILL NOT EVER LET THIS GO. :rwmad:

Dr Dave

pillzlol
They don't need mobile emitters. All they would have to do is save, and transfer the program to another location that would have holographic emitters installed.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This is Voyager we're talking aboot. Trying to make sense of their goofball take on the Trekverse is like trying to fly faster than Warp 10.

Oh wait...