There was just an explosion behind our house...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Can see smoke, ash falling from the sky, children running up the path, one shouted "call the fire brigade", could see flames from the upstairs window but they seemd to have died down...

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Somebody finally took care of the Google car, then.

CaptainWacky

Sirens, fire engine going down towards it now...but can't see anything because there's trees and another house in the way. Lots of black smoke though...

CaptainWacky

I should take a photo of the ash and pretend it's snow and send it to BBC news.

CaptainWacky

Smoke is EVERYWHERE now, right in back garden, can smell it even with the doors shut.

CaptainWacky

Can hear the fire hoses now.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Probably a gas explosion. We had one nearby last year during The Apprentice (there were "Sir Alan saved my life!" headlines).

Hopefully whoever lived there was out enjoying the weather.

CaptainWacky

The smoke's gone but the fire engine is still there. I don't think anyone was hurt as a lot of people went running out of the house and no one was saying "WE HAVE TO GO BACK FOR GRANNY GIMPY LEG!"

CaptainWacky

The excitement seems to be over. :(

I live near a US Navy school where they train recruits on EOD (explosive ordnance disposal). Pretty hilarious when people are visiting and it's clearly like a military-level explosion from somewhere across town!

I should point out they only blow up stuff maybe 10 times a week, during daylight hours.

Also Wackeh sometimes when you're smoking that Wackeh Weed things can seem different from reality. Are you SURE That explosion wasn't your heartbeat, and the smoke wasn't coming out of your mouth??

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
GLAD YOU LIVED THROUGH THE EXPLOSION WACKY!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
So did you find out what happened?