THEY FIRED J.R.!

Mandi

This is very sad, but he will be back. Maybe as a Smackdown announcer, that is unless he's retiring completely......I'll miss J.R.

:wah!:

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Why'd they fire him? I thought JR and Vince were gay lovers from waaaaay back?

Mandi

Fired him because he didn't stop Stone Cold from stunning the whole Mcmahon family.....then linda kicked him in the balls..

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
I LOVE TESTOSTERONE THEATRE!

Mandi

It is funny....I only started watching it again because I was bored at my brothers last week. That and I played the hell out of Raw v Smackdown.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
J.R. has to have colon surgery so he needed some time off to go through it and recover.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
But he's definitely coming back.

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Everything I've read shows that this is a real thing. That is was not a cover story for the colon surgery. The only way that he'll come back, is if there is an outpour of fan backlash, and the McMahons give in. But they've been looking to put a more youthful face on the announce team for a long time now.

It's unfortunate that J.R. was struck with Bell's Palsy twice, but it is a contributing factor to the reasonings of his termination.

We may see him back someday, but I don't think it'll be anytime in the near future.

Check out this past week's 'Byte This'. Coach and The King were on it, and they revealed some interesting insights.

Random

I read one one of the wrestling sites that he was being 'fired' fro Raw so they could move him to the WWE live webcast as the primary announcer.

Virginia

i just wish they'd get rid of him permanently. as announcers go, he's annoying.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well, they have wanted to get rid of him for a while due to his ugliness and I guess the surgery was a good excuse to do so.

Linda McMahon kicking him in the balls was real too. REALLY BAD, THAT IS.

Virginia

tough shit miranda, i'm like triple H, married to this....and i see no financial incentive to not hang around.

Random

Rommie, that site is my preffered portal as well for wrestling news, but I must have been reading different things into the articles than you. :D

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
Random said:
Rommie, that site is my preffered portal as well for wrestling news, but I must have been reading different things into the articles than you. :D
Well, let me quote you one...

Sources have confirmed that there was absolutely no correlation between Jim Ross' surgery and the angle that took place on RAW. Virtually everyone within WWE is under the impression that the "firing" on RAW was meant to be permanent, so if Ross does end up back in the RAW broadcasting booth, it will reflect a change made after the fact (due to WWE surrendering to fan backlash or not finding a capable replacement) and not the conclusion of a planned angle.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2005_/articles/1129278608.php

I've been trying to keep up on this as much as I can.

Mandi

Well, now we know that JR is coming back. Stone Cold will beat the shit out of Coach!

Random

No chance. They're gonna turn Coach into the heel announcer, and King into the Face announcer. So they are going to let Austin whale on Coach for a while, before he cheats and beats Austin.