They should've just called the episode "Hey look at Juliet's breasts!!"

whisky

Boobie inspector
Either that or its two days later and his clothes are horribly soiled, hes had no sleep, and he still has that grenade in his mouth

That episode was pretty weak sauce if you ask me.

I thought the timer started b/c they were messing with the gas equipment. I agree w/ Wacky, you don't get the impression Ben had a wristwatch going this whole time and a gas mask at his side.

Any way you slice it though, pretty random / stupid diversion from the arc of the story. Woopee, so the random people who parachuted onto the island saved everyone from certain-but-previously-completely-unheard-of death. Next.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Do you think maybe this episode needed a re-write and they couldn't because of the writer's strike starting up or something? Or did they film all these episodes before the strike?

Another stupid bit I noticed was when Kate ran in to Daniel and Charlotte and Daniel said "so they've got Miles, huh" as if it was something new when he should have alread known that Sayid traded Miles for Charlotte...then Kate said Locke was "treating him well" regarding Miles!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Yeah, bascially all these episodes were filmed during the strike with scripts wrote before the strike, no re-writes possible, limited scope for ad libs.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The bit when Kate bent down to look into their bag even though she KNEW they were lying to her was another doozy in Lost's streak of unforgivably stupid out of character character moments.

Perhaps it's contagious and Hurley passed it onto Kate when she scooby dooed him?

CaptainWacky

Kate probably did it so she'll have an excuse to bitch about how she doesn't trust Charlotte next week (like how she didn't trust Juliet last season...probably still doesn't.)

Dershocka

dershocka
Yeah really. I clicked on this thread expecting boob pics, BUT ARE THERE ANY? NOOOO!!!!

SO MAKE WITH THE TITTIES!

CaptainWacky

I don't find Juliet hot, despite her massive nanas (tits).

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
She has an up to no good face!

CaptainWacky

She has a smirky face. So does Kate. Jack must go for smirkers.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG.. I just remember that next week is the 8th episode then we'll have to wait for more.

CaptainWacky

I bet it ends on a cliffhanger too, like Claire about to break Aaron's neck on orders from ghost Charlie (though since we know Aaron is alive in the future that would be shit.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Juliet is very smirky. She reminds me of Carrie-Anne Moss quite a bit.

CaptainWacky

how's THIS for a sexy Lost image?

Dharma_stations.jpg

CaptainWacky

That episode felt kind of "off". Something in the editing, maybe (it was a Juliet flashback but seemed more focused on Ben and the flashbacks had little to do with the main story.) OR poor writing...

So Charlotte and Faraday are going to stop everyone from being (potentially?) gassed. That's good of them...so why not just tell the others? No one would actually be in favour of being gassed, surely? Why knock out Kate? Was it just because Kate turned her back on someone holding a gun (real smart!) and Charlotte couldn't resist the urge to pistol whip her? That's understandable, actually.

If they were going to make the gas inert, why was there a countdown saying the gas was about to be released? Did Ben somehow set a timer to release the gas? Did Daniel trip the release mechanism accidently? Or did the writers just want a "ticking clock" ending, even if it didn't make any sense? I'm not sure if Juliet's flashbacks fitted exactly with previous seasons (did Ethan die before Goodwin?)

Yes, I think Harper was probably the Smoke Monster. She appeared and disappeared into nowhere and there was the whispers and everything. Remember the Smoke Monster "scanned" Juliet and her tits last season soit would know about Harper.

As evil as Ben is, it's interesting to note that Goodwin was evil too. He murdered the tail section survivor who Ana Lucia was keeping in the pit and I think he was going to kill Ana Lucia before she killed him in self defence. Wasnt' he also trying to shag Ana in 'The Other 48 days'? Slimeball! There's still been no explanation as to why the others are so willing to kill people for Ben.

Good to see Alan Dale beat some guy up on a soundless video! So why does he want to find the island? To bring tourists there? That's pretty gay! Obviously there's a lot more to it than that.

"You look just like her." Annie? (No, Cassie, I don't think Annie is alive, I think she died giving birth to Charlotte...I can't remember why I thought that. Ben and Charlotte both have intense eyes?) Ben's mum seems more likely (she was blond.)

Some good one liners from Ben: "Did the rabbit have a number on it?" "Take as much time as you need!" And of course "see you at dinner!" not a WTF cliffhanger ending but still pretty funny.
I sure let this episode of Lost have it!