Thing of the day, no going back (thing+99)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
"AHAHAHAHAHA, I like it!" said the Wise Woman.

"Well, it was your idea," said Berty. He'd just finished the spell that turned DENTALBOT38 into the new Wise Man.

"I SHALL BE A WISE AND FAIR WISE MAN," said DENTALBOT38.

"AHAHAHAHAHA!" said the Wise Woman.

"Well, I suppose you should take my magic powers away..." said Berty.

"But I didn't give you any powers," she said. "You had the powers all along. I just made you realise that."

"Really?" asked Berty, excited.

"NO! AHAHAHAHAHA!" And she waved her wand, turning Berty back into, well, Berty.

"You're still the wisest man I know," said Susie, kissing him. "Bye Wise Woman. It's been...a series of events."

"Yeah, bye," said Berty.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"GOOD LUCK, MORTALS," said DENTALBOT38. And they left the hut together, never looking back.

"So..." said Susie, after they had walked in silence for quite a long time. "Why turn the Dental Bot into the new Wise Man?"

"The Wise Man is a sentry," explained Berty. "Meant to protect the forest from the coming of the evil one."

"The Evil One...but surely that's only a legend. That one day he'll come to the forest and then try to enter the regular world..."

"It's real," said Berty, grimly. "I could feel it while I was the Wise Man. The Evil One is coming...his evil has already spread into the forest. That's why Killer Clown and all the rest wee so, well, evil. The Wise Woman is a hero, really. But I wasn't right to guard the forest and nor was my father. DENTALBOT38 can be programmed to guard the forest. He won't get distracted, like I would have..."

"By me?" she asked with a cheeky smile.

"Who else?"

"Hey, there's the Tree Leader! Didn't he die?" asked Susie, pointing and waving as the tree leader came to them.

"HROOM HROOM!"

"Looks like when reality got changed he came back," said Berty, happily.

"NEED A LIFT, LITTLE SHIRELINGS?" asked the Tree Leader.

"That would be great," said Susie. "We're going back to the real world..."

"Are we?" asked Berty.

"Well, I assumed we were...going to live a normal life there. I mean, you said you couldn't handle it here in the fairy realm of Wickity Woods..."

"Ever wondered what's on the OTHER side of Wickity Woods? You know, there's the real world on one side...but what's over there? On the far side. That's where I want to go. After all I've seen here...I could never go back to the real world. Besides, it's boring. Really really boring."

"But the Far Side of the Woods...no one goes there. It's said to be a crazy, twisted realm where the laws of physics don't apply...it makes Wickity Woods look normal!"

"Exactly," said Berty. And Susie smiled. They kissed.

"HROOM HROOM, GET A ROOM."

"Sorry," said Berty. "Could you take us to the Far Side?"

"HROOM HROOM, it would be my pleasure. I've always wanted to see it," said the tree leader, a twinkle in his tree eye. He lifted them up into his branches.

"I love you, Berty," said Susie.

"Well, you would. I'm amazing!"

THE END

CaptainWacky

That's the kindest thing you've ever said to me (maybe.)

CaptainWacky said:
That's the kindest thing you've ever said to me (maybe.)

Sometimes i'm nice...othertimes i just AIN'T! u just can never tell with me...although i do quite like u bucket loads imo!!:)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Great story as usual.

CaptainWacky

Berty and Susie have gone on into uncharted territory now, leaving the rest of us behind.