thing of the day, start of a new continuing thing story (thing+389)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
OR IS IT

gJgfkai
h
adhf
ad
h
ae gd
hf
[hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

HAT EBNIG LAIVre
hf
sjihhhhhnot evne relal just rpeating

fjvhfd
h running on nan dfg
a
hpahja

acutally

yes

His time machine was finished. He wasn't happy about it, but he had to accept that fact. He'd tried and tried to make it so he could travel to any point in the future. To be able to travel a day, an hour, or even just a minute into the future. But for all his work, he'd only managed to make it so that the shortest time he could travle for was...one year. That was going to lead to an awkward conversation with his girlfriend.

"No!" she said.

"Just hear me out..." he said.

"NO!" she said. "A whole year without you? There's no way, NO WAY you're doing this."

"It only be once! To show the machine works..."

"A YEAR. Waiting for you. Not knowing if your machine has worked or not, not knowing if you'll appear or not..."

"I will, it'll work, I'm sure of that..."

"Then ask for volunteers. Put someone else in there. Put the dog in there."

"No, it has to be me...I mean, it would be impossible to get someone else to go in there, not knowing exactly what would happen..."

"That's not the reason. You just said it. It has to be you. You want to be the first human being to time travel."

"...is that so bad? It is my machine. I invented it...I'll be remembered as the inventor, sure...but the name of the first man to time travel, that'll be remembered forever..."

"And you could do that? Leave me for a year."

"Well it won't be a year from my point of view, it'll be instant..."

"Oh, well that's okay then."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Convenient too that your machine can only carry one person at a time so I can't travel with you."

"That's because of the science of it, the way the temporal stasis envelops the occupant, if two people were in there they could be locked togeher by the vamitron particles and become..."

"Oh shut up."

"Aren't you proud of me at all?"

"Of course I'm proud of you! You've created a time machine. But now you want to leave me..."

"I don't want to...I have to."

"So you get in that machine. It disappears. In one year it appears again in the exact same place. Then what? You don't travel forward again?"

"No, I'll be with you then...once the machine is proven to work it'll be reproduced...hopefully the technology will exist to recate what I did with that rare alien rock that crashed on Earth..."

"You won't even be tempted to get back inside it and travel to the future?"

"Of course not..."

"I don't know if I believe you. And I don't know if I can wait for a year."

He was silent for a long time. "I'm doing this. Sorry. I have to."

"Don't expect me to be here when you reappear." And she stormed out.

All he had to do then was alert the press. They thought it was a hoax, of course, but a journalist form the Daily Sport did turn up...he'd get the world exclusive. The first ever time machine. Of course there would be other proof at all, the scientific data being recorded.

All that was left was to step into the machine and set it for one year.

And that's what he did.

BIRKC BKLjabggggggg