thing of the day, STORY SPECIAL+1 (thing+337)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
"So this is it."

"Kind of boring."

"No body."

"No sensory imput at all."

"Yet I remain."

"I suppose I really can't die."

"Did I want to die?"

"Was that the plan behind my madness?"

"I forgot to take that mask off."

"Well."

"The whole universe is this now."

"These words."

"All in my mind."

"So I can turn it off."

"I'll turn it off."

"Intersting."

"I can sense that many years have passed."

"But I'm not supposed to have access to my powers."

"Interesting."

"That whole thing with created a code to deny me access, that was just psychological I think, I was never really without my powers because they are such a fundamental part of me!"

"God tricked me."

"Clever God."

"I could make myself a new body now."

"But I'll wait."

"I might learn something about myself."

"Hello, Machine."

"How did you know it was me, Master?"

"I sensed it. Found me under the rock, did you?"

"Found would not be accurate, sir."

"You knew I was there all along?"

"Of course, sir."

"But you left me?"

"I had to wait, master, wait until the version of you that existed in this time had travelled back in time. Having two of you running around would not have been proper."

"So from your point of view I just left?"

"Correct. And from yours?"

"I was under that rock for over three thousand years. Before that I was in the wild, hiding...sleeping...waiting to kill myself...for...much longer."

"Indeed."

"It's a blur. It all feels like nothing. And yet...I'm changed."

"Would you like a body and a bed prepared for you, Master?"

"Oh, I can give myself a body...there. Hehe. Feels funny. Bed? No, I do not expect I shall be returning to bed for a very long time. It's time to live."

"Master?"

"I think I know why I stayed in bed so long. I wasn't bored. Well, I was, but more than that...I was scared. Scared of what I am. I did not earn this power, I did not deserve it. It NEVER felt right. All those years, all the things I did, all the pleasureI felt...I always knew somewhere in the back of my mind that I did not deserve it! It's so simple. I felt...guilty. Guitly at being so strong. So I stayed away. What did I do, really? Changed the results for a few reality tv shows, made animals out of socks, had amazing sex with women I made love me, world peace...I could have done so much more. The possibilities were limitless!"

"And now, Master?"

"I feel different. I've had time to think. I no I don't deserve this power...but I have it. It is me. I'm over the guilt. I'm going to have some fun."

"Excellent, sir!"

"Err, Machine, what's that?"

"The rift in the sky? My sensors indicate that it is a rift in all of reality, caused by an unsolvable paradox."

"Oh, my fault, then?"

"No doubt, sir."

"For killing myself and all that..."

"I don't think so, sir. That resolved itself."

"Yes, it did. I think I made it resolve itself. I can shape reality with a thought. I made it so that I actually sent a clone back in time and killed it, but my real self was still there in bed, waiting to become me. Or that whole thing where I restarted the universe to solve it all...oh, I don't remember the details now. But I solved it."

"Yes, Master."

"But it looks like I'm going to do something in the future which I can't solve."

"So it would seem, sir."

"Jolly good!"