This is how you edit a video

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
If only 99% of Youtubers put anywhere near that effort in to editing and synching a video.

[youtubehq]moHeLjcC550[/youtubehq]

So funny :D

Impressive. Most Impressive.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Good job, so good I watched it all the way despite it being football!

People should have to pass an exam before uploading to youtube.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I would employ him in about 3 seconds.

Seriously, we have to do internal video edits all the time and I wish we had that skill in my company.

Incredible - but he will be an avid Gunner, I would like to test him on doing a mood video for the launch of a facial wipe within a 7 hour timeframe. I guess that might be the reason some of our work isn't up to that standard...

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I hadn't lost a ton of my editing work when my HDD died.

Back your shit up, kids.

CaptainWacky

I have to take a pill when my shit gets backed up. :(

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I don't have anything worth backing up, except for a few rare CDs I got off of private trackers, and those are just because it's hell trying to get a decent ratio on those sites.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a hoarder so have a good few thousand DVD's filled with crap that I'll never use/listen/watch/wank to again.

I wish I hadn't lost a ton of my editing work when my HDD died.

Back your shit up, kids.

Concur man. I use a backup external HD but I only belated realized it didn't preserve the file structure of the original HD.

Vista crashed and took 2 years' worth of recordings with it. They're all renamed on this shitty external HD and I will definitely never use them again.

Thus I haven't bothered trying to record anything in three months, I want to really research external HDs (or maybe just giant thumb drives) and do it right this time first, but it's overall depressing and I haven't had the emotional energy to do it yet.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Solid State Drives are going to be the way to go. They should have a much, much better shelf life than standard moving parts HD's.

They're still hella expensive now but they will be industry standard over the next few years. We're almost shot of the whirring of current HD's forever.

Fact: Solid State Technology is the name of a forum where I post almost daily.

I sometimes joke, half-seriously, that we are living in an era that will be considered a dark age by historians. What strikes me is that we no longer keep paper records, but our digital records are not really standardized. I suspect 100 years from now, every email you ever send will be retrievable in some way. Spooky, but they'll be understood even further into the future, unlike us.

CaptainWacky

Someone from the future is no doubt reading this with a TIME VIEWER right now.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
This was an attempt of mine from 2003 of syncing sound and vision. (Ignore the crappy beginning bit with the stills)

[YOUTUBE]uRquZrFBFcM[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

Those are all re-used effects shots! :rwmad:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]O1Q7f-fPXcM[/YOUTUBE]

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]mSvJwUFI_es[/YOUTUBE]