This is what I just ate. (Foodie thread, enter un-hungry, leave starving)

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Black Bean and Roasted Corn Salsa

Two cups corn kernels, roasted.
Two cups black beans, boiled and strained.
Two cups stewed peeled tomatoes, chopped.
Two sun-dried tomatos, reconstituted and chopped.
Two strips of crispy pork bacon, chopped
3/4cup tomato juice
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato broth.
Three cloves of garlic, roasted, crushed.
1/2tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2tsp chili powder
1/4tsp paprika
1/4tsp crushed red pepper
1tsp kosher salt
2tsp olive oil

Place olive oil into a medium sauce pot with garlic over low heat. After garlic becomes slightly transparent, add all of the other ingredients. Turn the heat up to a medium-high and bring contents to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat back to low and cover. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Let it stand a few minutes to thicken.

Voila!

Thumb.

Goes great by itself, but I highly recommend eating it with tortilla chips (White corn, or Flax Seed Blue Corn). OR, you can combine it with yellow rice, shredded cheddar, pepper jack, jalapeno, and monterey cheese, and a meat of your choice (boiled shredded chicken or seasoned ground beef) in a flour tortilla and a bit of sour cream.

Recipe mine.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Yum yum yum.

You can stuff that in a baked potato and put a dollop of sour cream on top. Except, leave out the corn if stuffing in baked potato, and leave off jalapeno if for me.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Sounds tempting, but other than basic taco's, mexican food really doesnt do much for me (too spicy)!!!

Now WESTERN ASIAN food is something I can tear into :techman:

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I like them both.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
This one isn't so spicy it'll set fire to your mouth, but it does have a good kick. I don't like super-spicy stuff. Some people like the burning sensation of food. I want that burn to have flavor, not just liquid fire. That's why I used red and cayenne pepper. They both have a healthy spice to them without sacrificing flavor. Much to the contrary. They're both really tasty and I'm guilty of making a lot of food with the red pepper. A reminder of when I was living in Italy and was living with a Calabrian who got fresh red peppers from his mom every summer.

I've been experimenting heavily with tex mex for the last few years, because my girlfriend is addicted to it. I started out making crappy steamed white rice and old-bay pan seared chicken burritos. Now, I know how to make some amazing salsas, roasted corn and bean dips, yellow and saffron rice, seasoned ground beef and three-to-eight hour slow-cooked shredded chicken. I've even quit buying pre-shredded taco cheeses and use fresh chunk cheeses. I still buy tortillas, because they're a bitch to make, and I don't have the time.

Oh, and I love going to Amada, one of Iron Chef Garces' restaurants in Philly. They serve new-aged spanish tapas. You'll spend about $120 each time you go, but the mouthgasm you have from it is well worth every penny.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I've posted this at a few other place, so if you've seen it somewhere else, sorry for the repeat. It's just so damn good and super easy.

Try this. It's heavy. You'll love it. Real butter, black coffee and you're home.

•3 cups self-rising flour
•3 tablespoons sugar
•1 bottle (12 ounces) beer - room temperature.

I've been using Foster's and it lightens the loaf a little. Good finished flavor.

1.Preheat oven to 350
2.Mix flour and sugar and slowly add beer
3.Mix all ingredients well, until smooth
4.Place in greased loaf pan & place pan in center of oven and bake for about 50 minutes
5.Remove from oven and take bread out of pan and allow to cool on a rack or stove grates

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Oh man, there are entire websites devoted to cooking with beer. It really is an under-used ingredient. Try de-labeling a bottle of a really good wheat-y beer and sticking it up a chicken's ass and baking it. Fucking awesome.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
If you are ever this way, Conchaga, let me know and I'll steer you to some of the finest Tex-Mex/Polynesian (Mexonesian) style restaurants you'll just love.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Every time I eat most mexican dishes, I tend to spend 15 minutes in the bathroom for every 1 mouthful that I eat :(

I guess it all depends on how its prepared and who makes it!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Do you have a gallbladder?

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Bud Light Lime : beer :: cooking wine : wine

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Conchaga: "Fun fact, Fosters is brewed in the UK, not Australia."

"Fosters...British for beer"

Heh heh.