Those Japanese guys are Really Smart!!

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
Oooh Look! Brainwave Powered Mechanical Ears :hmmm:

[youtube]w06zvM2x_lw[/youtube]

These are ears that work by responding to neurosignals picked up from the wearers brainwaves

Just what the world needs :techman:

Daystrom

m'frstthotontconinthesack
I'll say, the potential for this kind of technology staggers the mind doesn't it.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I'll say, the potential for this kind of technology staggers the mind doesn't it.

The potential, yes. The implications for this technology are amazing. However, it's first implementation being some weird furry related thing is just creepy.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
782.imgcache.jpg

Enkephalen

My Stars!
The men all have small equipment - South Park said so!

They are just strange and weird people. Ran into a horde of Japanese tourist when I was in Canada. Canada must be a destination point for the Japanese. They have no sense of personal space and not touching strangers. They had no compunction about shoving you out of their way in a shop if they saw something they wanted. They also had no problem with mowing you down if you got in the way of a large group of them following their tour guide. In a waiting line, they shoved and pushed you.

Needless to say, when all of the above was performed on my person, I turned and gave them the lethal evil eye and growled at them. They learned that the American was not to be touched, shoved, pushed, mowed down or hurried along. And god help them if they tried to cut out of line and not await their turn in the women's restroom! Japanese - the other species.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
The men all have small equipment - South Park said so!

They are just strange and weird people. Ran into a horde of Japanese tourist when I was in Canada. Canada must be a destination point for the Japanese. They have no sense of personal space and not touching strangers. They had no compunction about shoving you out of their way in a shop if they saw something they wanted. They also had no problem with mowing you down if you got in the way of a large group of them following their tour guide. In a waiting line, they shoved and pushed you.

Needless to say, when all of the above was performed on my person, I turned and gave them the lethal evil eye and growled at them. They learned that the American was not to be touched, shoved, pushed, mowed down or hurried along. And god help them if they tried to cut out of line and not await their turn in the women's restroom! Japanese - the other species.

:rofl:

A friend of mines who once lived there told me the exact same thing. I believe they are this way because Japan is a very small country compared to most others. Due to their extremely restricted living space over there, the "above mentioned behavioral patterns" is something that they've grown accustomed to and are somewhat forced to accept..that is, amongst themselves anyway! :hmmm:

I guess when they tend to travel abroad, these social patterns are so deeply rooted into them that they tend to forget sometimes that everyone elses living space in the world is not as restricted as theirs is, and don't realize that they are being rude when they push and shove.

:cool: