Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TK Private Messages: They're not really "private"!!!

Good policy, Bonz.

Either way, I would say what's happening to Big Dick McGee, unless he can prove otherwise, is that someone he told his info to is spreading it around, rather than someone "hacking" into his account and getting the info.

But, again, either way: Man, TRUST NO ONE!

Eggs Mayonnaise said:
Why did you assume admin tampering at first? Was it your first thought, or was it sufggested to you?

Yes, why would it have to be an admin?

This IS a TROLL board and the hacking of accounts is done, but it happens on all boards sweetie. Thats why I never save anything in my PM box, move it to a safe place if you want to save it.

:D

Ok, let's delve into this a little more.

Some BBS's you sign up for send you an email activation message. Within that message they also include your user name and the password you selected. I know this is all automated from the database engine. But what's to stop them from setting it up such that the activation email is blind copied (BCC:) to the admins unbeknownst to the menber?

They would then have your password and with it access to your account info. I'm not saying this happened here but I've seen it happen in many other places on the net.

Grammour Boy said:
Ok, let's delve into this a little more.

Some BBS's you sign up for send you an email activation message. Within that message they also include your user name and the password you selected. I know this is all automated from the database engine. But what's to stop them from setting it up such that the activation email is blind copied (BCC:) to the admins unbeknownst to the menber?

They would then have your password and with it access to your account info. I'm not saying this happened here but I've seen it happen in many other places on the net.

As soon as you are activated on ANY board....

ALWAYS change your password immediately!!!!

You would be a fool not too.

I was a member of a board with a lot of hackers on it. The board is phpBB but is very secure as it has been modified so much.

Anyway, a criminal logged on and they hacked his e-mail first - they could NOT get into his password for the board. Yahoo e-mail is notoriously easy to crack BTW. When these guys hacked the guys Yahoo it was literally 20 mins from it being suggested on the forum. The guy wasn't even online at the time, so it wasn't a response driven hack.