TMZ SPORTS

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Lamar Odom Says Kobe Bryant 'Comes To Me In Dreams Often,' Tells Me 'Keep Fighting'

Lamar Odom says he still feels the presence of his late friend and former teammate, Kobe Bryant... telling TMZ Sports, "He comes to me in dreams."Odom, wearing the incredible Kobe and Gigi tribute pendant he got as a gift earlier this year on the anniversary of the duo's tragic death, told us out at LAX this week that it actually happens "often." "[He's] just talking to me all the time," Odom said of the dreams. "'Hang in there. Keep fighting.' A lot of s***." "His spirit, it's so strong," said Odom, who also has a tattoo of Kobe on his neck. "To me, he's like not too far away. Especially when you're dreaming of someone, and they talk to you in that dream, you're definitely going to remember it."

Click Here For Full Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Simone Biles, Megan Rapinoe To Receive Medal Of Freedom From President Biden

President Biden just announced that Olympic gymnast Simone Biles and soccer star Megan Rapinoe will be receiving the nation's highest civilian honor the Presidential Medal of Freedom.The Commander-in-chief made the announcement on Friday revealing the two superstar athletes are among 17 names to receive the prestigious award later this month.The White House said these individuals reflect what America embodies hard work, perseverance, and faith.

Biles on top of being the greatest gymnast of all time has been an outspoken advocate for mental health and sexual assault victims since becoming a household name.

Rapinoe an Olympic gold medalist and two-time World Cup winner -- has led the charge for the U.S. Women's National Team's fight for equal pay ... and is at the forefront of LGBTQ+ rights and racial justice.

Other notable names chosen are Denzel Washington, former
Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, John McCain (posthumous), and Apple co-founder Steve Jobs (posthumous). The recipients will be presented with their awards at the White House on July 7.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Baker Mayfield Traded To Carolina Panthers

Baker Mayfield's time in Cleveland is officially over, the former first overall pick is heading to the Carolina Panthers, according to reports. 27-year-old Mayfield is being shipped to Charlotte in exchange for a 2024 conditional 5th-round pick, per Ian Rapoport. The trade -- which is pending a physical -- comes after months of speculation ... with Mayfield penning a heartfelt goodbye to Browns fans amid Cleveland's pursuit of quarterback Deshaun Watson.The Browns will pay $10.5 million of Mayfield's salary this season with the Panthers shelling out $5 million. Mayfield joins a familiar face in the QB room -- fellow 2018 top pick Sam Darnold as well as rookie Matt Corral and P.J. Walker.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Ben Crump Urging More NBA Players To Speak Out About Brittney Griner

Famed civil rights attorney Ben Crump is imploring more NBA players to speak out about Brittney Griner clearly believing their voices could help bring the WNBA star back to the States. The lawyer spoke with TMZ Sports out in D.C. earlier this week ... and he made it clear, if some of the Association's biggest names as well as others in the NFL, NHL, MLB and more keep raising awareness for Griner, it could help her in her drug case in Russia. "I think the NBA players should be saying more," the 52-year-old said. "I think that the sports world should be saying more." Crump obviously isn't feeling super optimistic that will happen, telling us he believes regardless of what goes down in the case, "She's being used as a political pawn."

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

State Senator Tiara Mack Won't Apologize for Twerking Campaign TikTok

Rhode Island State Senator Tiara Mack is standing by the viral TikTok of her twerking on a beach as a way to garner votes ... saying it's all about being an authentic version of herself. Senator Mack tells TMZ ... her supporters know exactly what kind of politician she is -- one who's never going to become a fake politician, so she doesn't think an apology is in order for something that is authentically her. She says she's never shied away from labeling herself as a "queer, Black woman," and hopes she can show the younger generation it's ok to be yourself and stay happy while making a difference in the community.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Tristan Thompson Seen Partying in Greece Amid Khloe Kardashian Baby News

Tristan Thompson is about to be a new dad again -- but instead of being in L.A. for the imminent birth ... he's halfway across the world, living it up with some lovely ladies.TMZ has obtained footage of the NBA star at a club called Bonbonniere in Mykonos, Greece very early Friday morning (2:30 AM) -- where we're told he was surrounded by friends, plus, some female company ... a handful of women seemingly hanging around near him too.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

NASCAR Driver Bobby East Dead at 37 After Being Stabbed, Suspect Killed

Bobby East

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... a SWAT team executed a search warrant at an Anaheim-area apartment Friday -- two days after East was stabbed -- where officers were informed Millsap may be holed up. During the raid, an officer-involved shooting occurred ... we're told Millsap was shot and killed on the scene as the police were trying to arrest him. The Orange County DA is investigating the shooting. Tattoo-faced Trent William Millsap is being sought by police in connection with East's murder, which occurred at a 76 gas station around 6 PM Wednesday, according to Deadline.

Trent William Millsap

East reportedly got into a war of words with Millsap while the racecar driver was pumping gas. It wasn't clear what sparked the argument, but Millsap allegedly plunged a sharp object into the chest of East.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

LeBron James Says Boston Celtics Fans Are 'Racist as F***'

LeBron James has something to say you Boston basketball fans --
you're SO racist. LeBron went off on his latest episode of "The Shop," after being asked why he hates Boston. His blunt answer ... "Cause they racist as f***." King James went on ... "They will say anything. And it's fine. It's my life, f*** I've been dealing with it my whole life. I don't mind it. I hear it. If I hear somebody close by, I check them real quick, then move onto the game. They're going to say whatever the f*** they want to say." LeBron's not alone. Other players have also groused about the way Celtics fans behave, Klay Thompson complained, "We've played in front of rude fans before. Dropping f-bombs with children in the crowd. Really classy. Good job, Boston." Draymond Green's wife blasted them for chanting "f*** you Draymond" during the NBA finals.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Ukrainian Olympian Auctioning Off Silver Medal, Donating Money To War Efforts

Ukrainian Olympic gymnast Ruslan Mezentsev is auctioning one of his most precious belongings -- his silver medal -- and donating all the money to his home country ... so they have money to fund the fight against Russia. Mezentsev competed in the men's artistic all-around competition in Sydney in 2000 ... personally taking part in the floor exercise, pommel horse, and still rings. Ruslan scored a total of 28.725 ... bringing the team's total to 230.306, good enough for a silver medal. The Ukrainians finished just 1.613 points behind China ... who won the gold. Now, that silver medal is on the auction block at RR Auction ... where it already has 8 bids. The current price is $3,000 ... but expect that to rise! Mezentsev -- who's now 41 years old -- is from a town called Kropyvnytskyi in central Ukraine.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Teddy Bridgewater Calls Out NFL Players, Stop Pretending To Be 'Gangsta

Teddy Bridgewater is calling on his fellow NFL players to quit pretending to be hard and start acting like role models ... releasing a lengthy message to all the guys who act "gangsta," but are really only "football tough." The Miami Dolphins QB shared his thoughts on the matter in a social media post on Monday ... explaining how he's annoyed with players who act differently when they reach the top level. "Tired of seeing football players portray this tough guy image or pretend he's gangsta," TB said. "You went to school, attended those classes, and some even got their college degree." "So, don't wait until you inherit this legal money from the league to decide you want to be tough or portray a 'street image' cause it's kids that's looking up to everything we do."

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Vince McMahon Retires From WWE

Vince McMahon -- the longtime chairman and CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment -- is retiring from his role with the company, he announced Friday. "As I approach 77 years old, I feel it's time for me to retire as Chairman and CEO of WWE," McMahon said in a statement. "Throughout the years, it's been a privilege to help WWE bring you joy, inspire you, thrill you, surprise you, and always entertain you." "I would like to thank my family for mightily contributing to our success, and I would also like to thank all of our past and present Superstars and employees for their dedication and passion for our brand." Vince bought the company from his father, Vincent J. McMahon in 1982 ... and has been the face of the brand ever since. Vince was responsible for the "Attitude Era" in the 1990s, which turned professional wrestling into a mainstream phenomenon ... and helped Superstars like The Undertaker, Kane, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, China and more become household names.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Brittney Griner Testifies She Was Aware Of Travel Warning, But Wanted To Help Her Team

Brittney Griner says she was aware the U.S. government warned Americans traveling to Russia was dangerous ... but the WNBA star told a court in Moscow she decided to get on the airplane because she wanted to help her basketball team. Griner's drug trial continued in Russia on Wednesday, and the 31-year-old hooper testified to the reason she returned to Moscow in February despite the travel advisory. "It's the most important part of the season, after the break. It's playoffs. The whole season I worked, my team worked hard to get to a good position," Griner said, continuing, "There was nothing that was going to change that for me. I didn't want to let my team down. I did know about the 'do not fly' advisory, but like I said, there was nothing that was going to change my mind on coming back and finishing my duty for my team."

Click Here For Complete Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

NBA Legend and Boston Celtics Great Bill Russell Dead at 88

Bill Russell-- one of the greatest and most accomplished NBA players of all time -- has died.The announcement came courtesy of Bill's own official social media page, which posted Sunday with a sad update. The text says BR passed away peacefully with his wife, Jeannine, by his side. The exact circumstances of his death weren't discussed further. His obit here touches on the fact that he was a civil rights activist during his playing time, with boycotts of certain events and public remarks that spoke out against racism and discrimination that was prevalent throughout the U.S. at the time. Bill is by far one of the GOATs in league history -- evidenced in the fact that the current NBA Finals MVP award is named after him ... something that was instated in 2009. He's been inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame twice, once as a player in 1975, and again as a coach just last year. His career is memorable, especially since he broke into the NBA when it was just being expanded as an organization and getting integrated with Black and white players alike, during a time of segregation in the country.

Click Here For Complete Story

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Antonio Brown Starting New Dance Craze, 'Put That Shit On!'

Antonio Brown almost certainly won't be on an NFL field this year -- but his dance moves just might be ... 'cause the former Bucs wideout has created a new trend, and it's catching on!!! Brown came up with a finger-pointing vibe for his song, "Put That S*** On" -- and as he's been performing it at music events across the country, fans have been eating it up. In fact, the dance has grown so popular in the last few weeks, LeBron James and Draymond Green were just spotted in Canada hitting it. New Orleans Saints tailback Mark Ingram also did it during a training camp practice last week as well. Quavo was even seen hitting it this week, too. Brown -- who's at least temporarily ditched his NFL career to pursue a spot in the music and entertainment world -- has been eating it all up, reposting vids of the dance all over his Twitter and Instagram pages.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Terrell Owens Says Incident W/ Neighbor Could've Turned Deadly For Him

"I honestly could have died." Terrell Owens says even though the incident with his neighbor ended without violence, the interaction could've easily taken a deadly turn, and TO says that's why he won't simply move on as if nothing happened. The 48-year-old Hall of Famer joined the "TMZ Sports" TV show (airs weeknights on FS1) ... where Owens addressed his neighbor calling the cops on him for allegedly speeding near his home in Florida Wednesday night. Prior to police arriving, Terrell and the woman got into a verbal dispute. The woman claimed TO threatened her, and was heard saying, "You're a Black man approaching a white woman!" The NFL legend is adamant he didn't threaten anyone. "I could've died. Honestly, I could have died and the storyline would be totally different."Thankfully, that didn't happen. The officer who responded maintained order, and everyone ultimately went on their way.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Evander Holyfield Shuts Down Potential Mike Tyson Exhibition, 'It's Too Late'

Sorry boxing fans, a potential Evander Holyfield vs. Mike Tyson exhibition is not happening. The Real Deal tells TMZ Sports, it's just too late for the legends to square up again now. Remember, Holyfield and Tyson were trying to set something up in the spring of 2021, but were so far apart in negotiations, they just couldn't come to an agreement. When we saw Holyfield out at LAX this week, we had to ask if there's been any movement on the front and he said, sadly, no. "It's too late," the 59-year-old told us. The two originally squared up back in 1996 and 1997 -- and both fights were epic (for various reasons) leading many to believe a third, less-serious tilt a couple decades later would be appealing. Holyfield actually agreed ... but he added, "I'm done now."

Click Here For Full Storyhttps://www.tmz.com/2022/08/14/evander-holyfield-mike-tyson-exhibition-boxing-too-late/

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING

Horace Grant's 3-Peat Bulls Title Rings Hit Auction, Could Fetch $100k+ Each!

In search of more, rare Michael Jordan-era memorabilia? Horace Grant's got ya covered -- 'cause TMZ Sports has learned MJ's former Chicago teammate's three title rings he won with His Airness in the early 1990s are up for auction. The rare items come from the Bulls' first 3-peat in 1991, 1992 and 1993 -- when HG played a key role alongside Jordan and Scottie Pippen. The rings feature the former power forward's last name ... with the Bulls' season record on one side and the World Champion title year/postseason record on the other. Grant's 2001 championship ring that he earned while playing alongside Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers is also up for grabs. That bling, we're told, is expected to sell for over $40k.