Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To buy, or not to buy . . .

Number_6

beer, I want beer
. . . that is the question.

My BMG cart has 15 CDs in it, priced at $5.99 each. No shipping and handling, so that's 15 CDs for $99.85. Mixture of classic jazz, electronica, and New Wave.

Let me add that we have spent all of the February money, and have dipped into the March pool (we took in a puppy two weeks ago, and what with the crate, the travel crate, etc., it's become an expensive undertaking). This would definitely be a plastic purchase.

Let the voting commence.

Ooops. The poll reads my "Amazon cart." Yes, there are CDs in there, too. In fact, there are 300+ items in my Amazon cart.

How long will it take you to pay off the plastic purchase? Could be the $5.99 bargain winds up costing $20 or more after interest charges. Might be able to buy those same CDs at CD Warehouse for $7 each as you can afford it without using the credit card when you might need that for an emergency in the near future.

Then again, music can make the drive to work to earn the money to pay the credit card bill more pleasant and the stay at home because you can't afford to go out much nicer too.

eloisel said:
How long will it take you to pay off the plastic purchase? Could be the $5.99 bargain winds up costing $20 or more after interest charges. Might be able to buy those same CDs at CD Warehouse for $7 each as you can afford it without using the credit card when you might need that for an emergency in the near future.

Then again, music can make the drive to work to earn the money to pay the credit card bill more pleasant and the stay at home because you can't afford to go out much nicer too.

0% interest through December.

Number_6 said:
0% interest through December.
That's not bad - $10 bucks a month and your paid. Go for it.

Of course, if you've got kids, the minute you charge up the card, one of them is going to need new shoes or new clothes because the kid is growing like a weed.

eloisel said:
That's not bad - $10 bucks a month and your paid. Go for it.

Of course, if you've got kids, the minute you charge up the card, one of them is going to need new shoes or new clothes because the kid is growing like a weed.

No kids. Pets. Four of them. Three feline, one canine. And unlike children, they have no health insurance.

But, $10 a month. You're making it sound logical for me to make this purchase, particularly under the influence of 10mg of Ambien and what with the wife upstairs sound asleep.

But what about the other $120 I have in the Amazon cart? All that Brazillian Bossa Nova and the new Paul Weller CD/DVD set? Can I just buy one group of thing with the others?

Number_6 said:
No kids. Pets. Four of them. Three feline, one canine. And unlike children, they have no health insurance.

But, $10 a month. You're making it sound logical for me to make this purchase, particularly under the influence of 10mg of Ambien and what with the wife upstairs sound asleep.

But what about the other $120 I have in the Amazon cart? All that Brazillian Bossa Nova and the new Paul Weller CD/DVD set? Can I just buy one group of thing with the others?
Urinary Tract Infection - $550. Felines famous for it.

If it were my choice to make, I'd let the BMG cart sit, leave the Brazillian Bossa Nova for next winter, and go for the new Paul Weller. Spring and summertime will be here pretty quick and Weller will sound nice in the evening.

Course, I'd probably pick up an old Lovin' Spoonful CD to replace a worn out tape to go with the new Weller. "Hot time, summer in the city ..." is always perfect in June.

eloisel said:
Urinary Tract Infection - $550. Felines famous for it.

If it were my choice to make, I'd let the BMG cart sit, leave the Brazillian Bossa Nova for next winter, and go for the new Paul Weller. Spring and summertime will be here pretty quick and Weller will sound nice in the evening.

How is the new Paul Weller? You have it? Gets good reviews. I haven't gotten anything from him since Illumination, which must have been 2003 at the latest.

But I'm in a samba mood. And samba will be good on those hot summer days, too, drinking caiprinhias on the patio.

Caiprinhias.

You need: a mortar and pestle, bar sugar, some limes, and a Brazilian liquor called cachaca.

Cut the limes into wedges, and peel off only the dark green outer skin. Leave the inner skin on.

Put three wedges into the bottom of the mortar, along with a couple of spoonfuls of bar sugar. Pour in a healthy amount of Cachaca. Muddle for a few minutes. Pour through a strainer into a glass.

You will quite quickly be far more fucked up than you realize.

You know what I'm gonna say.

Oh, and did you want the new Paul Weller? I mean, to tide you over until you buy the real thing? ;)

TQ..STOP BEING SO DAMN PRACTICAL! ;)

I don't usually buy things unless I can afford them right then and now.

That's one of the primary reasons why I'm waiting till I get my tax return money to buy a new computer. Even though that check is going to go directly into a Roth IRA/Money Market account, and the computer will be bought with the build up I've accumulated in my checking.

I could, theoretically, buy it now. But then again you never know what's going to happen around the corner (as someone said above).

Number_6 said:
How is the new Paul Weller? You have it? Gets good reviews. I haven't gotten anything from him since Illumination, which must have been 2003 at the latest.

But I'm in a samba mood. And samba will be good on those hot summer days, too, drinking caiprinhias on the patio.
Nah - only heard of him when you mentioned him upthread. Looked him up and gave him a listen. I'd buy him.

You are right about the samba. Be sure and buy your lady a red dress to wear when the two of you dance on the patio!