Transformers 3

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Have you seen it?

Are you going to?

The reviews are all over the place. The critics seem to hate it.

Some people I know saw it yesterday and really liked it but they saw it in Imax 3D.

I'm going to see it in Imax 3D before the end of the long weekend.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Saw it this evening. I thought that the theater would be a little less crowded since it had come out five days ago, it's the Monday of a long weekend, there were a lot of free holiday activities going on downtown tonight that were more kid appropriate, and it is expensive to see a movie in Imax 3D ($16 for 1 adult). However, the theater was packed to the brim and was full of children and adults of all ages and ethnicities.

First, I'll address one big complaint - the gorgeous girl used for sex appeal. It is true that she has a gorgeous rear end. It is true that she is gorgeous. However, she was less naked and exposed than many commercials on TV using sex to sell everything from toothpaste to lawnmowers. It was pretty obvious her part was mostly for eye candy. Her character did contribute in an important way that wasn't so much about her sex appeal but her knowing how to push male vanity buttons. And, this movie wasn't about her.

Another big issue is claiming the movie is racist. There are some characters that are portrayed in what may appear to be a stereotypical manner; however, I don't think that the characters were untrue. Furthermore, it was quite obvious that the situation was due to and the outcome was based on the combined effort of human and machine - and that no race of humans or machines had a corner on being good or bad.

I particularly enjoyed the breaking away from type of two well known actors playing two of the major characters.

About children in the audience - I would think that this movie would be too frightening for children under 10. The main characters are in immediate, overwhelming peril for a big part of the movie. Everything is big, loud, explosive, destructive, violent, etc.

Now for the good.

I liked it. It was a good use of big screen and big sound. Maybe because it is the third movie, but I'm finally able to tell which robots are the good ones to root for. Considering the awful reviews, there was more story than I expected. Yeah - it was a pretty pat story. The planet is facing impending doom and little Sam is instrumental in saving the planet again. There are some genuinely funny moments to provide relief here and there from the intense action. There was good use of the iconic Leonard Nimoy. The visuals are outstanding.

Without overthinking it and just accepting it as a fun ride, I would put this movie in the same blockbuster category as this year's Pirates of the Caribbean and Thor movies and give it a good solid A. The only reason why I don't give it an A+ is this is the third movie in the franchise so it isn't exactly something new, fresh, unexpected, original.

This is one of those movies that people really should make up their own minds about whether they like it and not let the critics dictate to them what they should see. More than half the audience I watched this movie with clapped when this movie was over and it wasn't because it was over. Most people were waiting to see if there was something after the credits rolled. People don't do that if the movie isn't very good.

I really liked the first Transformers film, kept falling asleep everytime I tried watching the 2nd one...maybe I should drink a red bull or mountain dew amp before making another attempt? T3 is not on my must see list, but will get around to seeing it one of these days (years). :)

I Love Cunt

Watch It
I really liked the first Transformers film, kept falling asleep everytime I tried watching the 2nd one...maybe I should drink a red bull or mountain dew amp before making another attempt? T3 is not on my must see list, but will get around to seeing it one of these days (years). :)

OMG I fell asleep during every Transformers movie! I love you and want to make love to you and marry you and suck your cock and fuck you and let you fuck me in the ass!

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
It would be great to see Henoch make Mirah gasp and come on Wheezie's twitching corpse.

I'd pay to see that.