TrekBBS? What happened?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I've read some of your older posts. You were one of the originals if I recall correctly. You knew Skin and RobL etc.

MODMAN

I've read some of your older posts. You were one of the originals if I recall correctly. You knew Skin and RobL etc.

I remember RobL but he came along long after I'd had my fun. I might have been permabanned at the time. Skin was a talented one - a masterclass in winding people up.

Lisa was head administrator over at TrekBBS and ruled the roost for a while. The board was a more easy going place back in 99-'00, at least before Red Quacker turned up and sent everyone into conniptions. Some mods were up in arms over RQ, while some of us on staff thought it was great fun.

I considered Lisa a friend before things went sour. The details are foggy, but Lisa was going a bit power mad, IIRC. Our fellow posters were being permabanned, which we didn't take kindly to. Back then permabans were very controversial.

I wasn't engaged with the place when Lisa left / got the boot. No idea what happened.

MODMAN

A greatly disturbed individual. The above was her handiwork.

Janeway was her idol.

b4a07e9ed5535c6f147385d60b8da645.gif

'nough said.

#RememberTuvix

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
Is the Barcode Saga recorded anywhere?

Ancalagon

I'm not wearing any panties!!
Not that I know of but it would be interesting to relive.

I was trying to think back for what details I could recall and was beating myself up and then I realized that this was twenty fucking years ago and now I need to go drink.

Old Man Red

Apparently Lisa was from the Netherlands, at least that's what the traitor RobL told me when he used to talk about her pasty white skin behind her back.

jack

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
Lisa was the head mofo of TrekBBS back in the day. She ruled with an iron fist, and caused ELECTRICAL SUPERSTORMS! She was widely reviled, as any authority figure will be. IIRC, she was the person behind the nerfing of the Neutral Zone.

The Question

Eternal
They never remember the thread where MajorBarcalow bragged out how his brain is "young and smooth" unlike the wrinkly brain's of geezers.

jack

Can you find a link to that?

MODMAN

Apparently Lisa was from the Netherlands, at least that's what the traitor RobL told me when he used to talk about her pasty white skin behind her back.

Lisa was based in the UK - never mentioned she was from the Netherlands (?)

I sent her a gift many moons ago to a UK address.

jack

Yeah, that's very cool. Before my time I think

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer