True Blood 2.3: Scratches

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Interesting episode.

Sookie gets attacked by a minotaur-ish creature that poisons her with something similar to Komodo Dragon poison, and Bill needs Eric to help heal her. The existence of werewolves is canonically introduced. Eric releases Lafayette as a condition for getting Sookie to go to Dallas.

It looked like Jason was going to get his act together, remembering Eddie and shocking his character back into consistency, but that got derailed just as I was getting my hopes up.

Jessica is finally starting to become less unbearable. She was looking rather hot this week, and I loved the scenes with her and the introverted guy from the bar. So cute! I hope that story line gets continued.

The Tara storyline was rather noneventful until the end. The Maenad party looked fun. :D I'd been hoping that Tara ran off because she realised what was going on, but the subsequent dialogue with Eggs suggested otherwise. Eh, possibly a red herring on her part, I guess [hope].

... And, I've got a feeling that Sam's fucked.

3.5 stars / 5

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I loved the part with Jessica and the shy guy from the bar (I can never remember his name, but Tis will!)

I was hoping Lafayette would get his wish to be a vampire, but at least he's not dead!

Good episode, can't wait til the next one. Next week will be reruns because it's 4th of July weekend :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Jason continues to annoy me, though at least he remembered that he doesn't actually hate vampires. The Michelle Forbes stuff didn't really progress at all and I find Tara and "Eggs" annoying (though I suppose Tara was starting to realise something was going on in the end.) Why do they always fuck Paquin up and have her bleeding and brusided and foaming at the mouth? Nice shot of her ass in those shorts when she was being healed though. I liked the Jessica/Nervous Guy stuff and she is hot.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm glad you guys all liked the nervous guy scenes. That guy's so adorable, nice to see them give him something to do. I liked the whole episode and I'm not growing impatient with the Michelle Forbes (okay, I really need to start remembering these character's names!) storyline, I like that they're keeping us guessing with that. The Jason stuff is a bit annoying... I get tired of all those doe eyed looks and dumbness. At least we get to see more of what's going on outside of Beau Temps.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
That would be Hoyt Foytenberry, and yeah, he's sexy in a goofy way. :)

The scene with the magic doctor healing Sookie is pretty much straight out of the book, although all of them give her blood, not just Bill. I like how Eric REALLY REALLY wanted to be the one to give her blood to heal her, but they are setting up the tension between them.

"I'll grow on you."

"I prefer cancer."

That's classic Eric/Sookie dynamics from the books.

So...WTF is Daphne? Could she be the pig? She's got scars from minotaur scratches on her back, and she didn't seem to be acting all shy and nervous with Sam when he was skinny dipping, as opposed to how unsure of herself she is when she's at Merlotte's. Be interesting to see what/who she turns out to be.

Poor Jason...he was actually making sense and thinking for himself during the honesty round table, but that preacher's wife wants her some Stackhouse and she'll do anything to get him!

No new episodes until July 12. Fuckers!

CaptainWacky

What was the point of LaFayette asking to become a vampire last week? Just a red herring?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think he said that because he wanted to survive, alive or dead!

Anyone see the teasers for the next new episode?

Eric standing outside Lafayette's window, saying Lafayette has to come out sometime.

CaptainWacky

He's gay for Lafayette's blood.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
dammit. my neighbour has company so we didnt watch it yesterday.

Have started sending "LEAVE NOW!" messages to them telepathically.

curiousa2z

bloody neighbours' friend is still there! couldnt she have waited til we'd watched the show? if she's still there tomorrow will have to do the bit torrent route. can only wait so long!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Hang in there woman!!

curiousa2z

^good to know.
I think.
the fricking woman is still visiting!what's the matter with her? her house could be getting robbed in Ottawa even as we speak!
and now getting so busy packing for the trip I wont have time to watch it anyway. BAH!
TIME TO READ THE SPOILERS!!
thanks all for posting 'em!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
For some reason, I get HBO (even though I specifically told them I didn't want it, and it's not on my bill), but I don't get HBO on Demand. I really want to watch Season One and catch up to this season. The Blu-Ray edition is like $65.

Anyone willing to lend the DVD's to a totally trustworthy fella?? I'll pay the postage to and from, but I don't really have much to trade in return?

curiousa2z

R, you can download the bit torrents at mini nova.com.
Menty got me on to that when I was crying about missing the Dexter eps.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
^^How is the quality? I d/l some episodes of Doctor Who over at Pirate Bay, and they were close to unwatchable on my tv. Is there a way to tell which ones are higher quality?

BTW, I don't burn them to disc once downloaded, I just pop them on a flash drive and watch them through my PS3.

curiousa2z

the ones I saw were excellent HD; viewed 'em straight from my 'puter.
you'll have to ask Menty or Eggs about what yer doin with the PS3

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
BDM, do you use Netflix? They have season 1.