True Blood 2X4 "Shake & Fingerpop"

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Sookie, Bill & Jessica head to Dallas where things start looking more dangerous for our favorite telepath, and Maryann throws one helluva party at Sookie's house for Tara's birthday.

And Eric visits Lafayette...

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Pretty uneventful episode. Maryanne seems to really need Tara for whatever reason; it looked like she was turning into the claw monster at the end. Lafayette drinks Eric's blood. The trip to Dallas wasn't all that interesting, nor the zealot kidnapper, really. I like that their introducing another telepath. Too bad there wasn't any Jessica/Hoyt. Maybe later in the season.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I haven't read the books, so I don't know the deal behind Maryann's power, but so far her awesomeness has only been displayed while making people dance and grope each other and eat dirt until they get Willow eyes. It's getting annoying, because I don't understand what her mischievousness has to do with the rest of the story.

Is she actually going to do something directly to someone in the main cast sometime soon? Or is it going to be American Witch Bandstand for the rest of the season?

Otherwise, good ep. And Eggs has one rockin' ass. (LOL sounds funny to say that)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's kind of annoying that Michelle Forbes just has a party and goes nuts every week. Okay, I suppose she gets progressively nuttier, but it's still a bit repetitive. Phlox with his head between some tits was funny.

Paquin didn't look as hot this episode (maybe because I'd just read rude messages about her.) She needs crazy frizzy hair and really short shorts.

Jessica looked smoking hot though. She's becoming my favourite character. It was funny when she couldn't get out the coffin.

The Jason stuff was a bit funnier this week but I wish there was a clear sign it was GOING SOMEWHERE. I guess he'll end up hunting vampires and have a confrontation with Sookie and Bill.

Why doesn't Tara show her tits like Paquin does?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Maryann is a Maenad, the wiki article is pretty interesting but it doesn't explain the PIG! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maenad I'm sure True Blood took some liberties with the mythical stuff, to make it fit the True Blood universe of wackiness.

I agree with you Wacky, Jessica is awesome. I had a feeling she'd get past the annoying part once she got past the initial novelty of being a vampire.

Tisiphone

Hoyt was so cute when he told Jessica he didn't believe a word Bill said about her.

Did you see Maryann's face when she found out Tara had been talking to Sookie? Bitch isn't dead? is what it read to me. And yeah, I think her hands did turn into the manaed claws when they were digging into dirt.

Eric's interaction with Lafayette was cool, and I was laughing my ass off when he started dancing. He obviously feels muuuuuuuuuuch better. LoL.
I think we're starting to see how Sookie is "humanizing" Eric. Because he's interested in a human (something he hasn't been in a long time) he's, like he said, curious.

Barry is Barry the Bellhop, another telepath from the books who helps Sookie along the way.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, the Barry stuff at the end was cool! I didn't remember about him til then.

CaptainWacky

How did Eric get to Dallas so fast? Can he turn into a bat?

Tisiphone

Eric likes to "fly himself," and since it was night...maybe that's how he got there.

And Cassie, I too had forgotten about Barry the Bellhop.

CaptainWacky

Can all vampires fly or just old ones?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
ZOMG! I just called my frickin neighbour and we cant watch it til tomorrow !!!
TORTURE!!!
AAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I am having such a DAY!!!!
ffsadrdghjk!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
SPOILERS

Yeah, not an awful lot happened, but there were still some worthwhile nuggets. I liked Lafayette dancing and the bellhop looks like he'll be a great addition. Maryann did turn into the monster at the end. My screen's really bright, so it showed up very clearly.

Also, I love Hoyt & Jessica!! :)

CaptainWacky

IS LAYFAYETTE GOING TO BECOME A DRUG ADDICTED MOOSE NOW?

curiousa2z

still no True Blood. crap. the neighbours are really busy.

looks like 11 million hours to download the torrent time.

CaptainWacky

Can't you get the tape off your neighbours? OH WAIT, PEOPLE DON'T USE TAPES ANYMORE, SEE HOW USEFUL THEY WERE!?

curiousa2z

^thanks anyway, Dual. It wouldnt work for me, alas.