True Blood 4.6 'I Wish I Was The Moon'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Why does the person who used to start True Blood threads not do so anymore?

Anyway, this episode was okay but kind of all over the place with all the stories. Eric being all nice and polite has probably gone on long enough, really. Now that they've slept together (outside where any werewolf could see them) the next logical thing to happen would be him getting his memory back. I WOULD THINK?

Bill about to stake Eric had no tension since it was obvious he wouldn't. Tara obviously isn't dead either, sadly. Tommy probably isn't even though he should be since he shifted into someone who's alive and they said you can't do that.

I like Jessica and Jason but I don't know about this LOVE TRIANGLE story. Why doesn't she just break up with Hoyt? They haven't really been happy for a while.

The EVIL BABY story progressed a bit. It's actually an EVIL BLACK WOMAN GHOST!

Tara zzzzzzzzz.

Not sure what the point of the werewolf stuff is.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Don't care about Tara.
Don't care about the evil/baby or the doll.
Don't really care about Tommy but the skinwalker thing could be interesting.
Getting tired of puppy dog Eric now frankly.
I like all the witch stuff.
I like King Bill.

Jessica is, as ever, the best character in the show by far.

She gets, as ever, only one of two scenes each episode.

Does that seem right to you?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Sorry, I keep on forgetting. :(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm still loving Eric and Sookie.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
NAKED BUTT BOOBY ERIC-SOOKIE SECKS AT THE END SQUEE
But cutting to Bill looking to the sky from his porch while some emo ballad plays was way too Dawson.
Tara/Lez/Pam, eh. Jason/Jessica/Hoyt, eh-to-okay. Demon baby: who cares? So now evil Sarah Sisko is communicating with it. Go Pah Wraiths.

Andy is insufferable now, just resolve the whole V addiction thing and get him and Jason back to being bumpkin Dukes o'Hazzard sheriffs.

Sam/Tommy - interesting! When Sam found him on the floor with all that goop vomit, I was thinking it was like a homunculus coughing up bits of the Philosopher's Stone in Fullmetal Alchemist. Neato. Hope he's not dead.

Jessica luvs Jason...very hot!! LOL, Jason isn't a werepanther, although he has a very sexy hot man ass!!!;) Sookie fucking Eric?..MUCHO HAWT!!! oh my. A full moon & lots of fucking. Tara is a raging lesbian now? Good 4 her!:) My only dilemma? Where is Ian Somerhalder in all of this mess??

CaptainWacky

Also the Sookie/Eric sex scene really wasn't very hot at all. I mean they barely seemed into it.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Wacky, I have started the thread before, but you obviously get it before I do - it hasn't even aired here yet!

Looking 4ward to SOOKIERIC SECKS! .....even if SOME peeps didnt think it was so hot ! ;)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, it was a good episode, but towards the end it kept having loads of pointless cliffhangery bits. It was obvious Eric wouldn't die And obvious Tara will unfortunately live, but her girlfriend will die so she'll be bitching about that for ages.

Lafayette and Jesus's story could go anywhere really and probably wouldn't be that interesting normally but I really like the characters.

If anything we could've done with more of the shapeshifting stuff. That worked really well in this ep and the guy playing Sam obviously had a lot of fun doing Tommy's silly walk.

SEX SEX WITH VAMPS SEX

CaptainWacky

Yeah the Sam actor was good this week!

I forgot the Jesus/Layfette story because I can't remember what they're actually trying to do.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The bad witches (or is it Pam and the Authority) are after them so they're looking for magical protection from his abusive grandfather and the ghost of his pedobear uncle that spoke through Lafayette.

Yub

Anachrophobic
Well, this episode annoyed me endlessly.

• I was Team Bill right up until he proved he's the whiny bag of dicks Pam told Eric he is. So now he gets to be a whiny bag of dicks in brood mode like Angel on speed, if speed made you sad and self loathing.
  • [deadpan] Yay. Sookie and Eric. Yay. [/deadpan] She was warned and she's still boning Eric. Let's have him shift back now, already.
  • I'm annoyed with the direction Pam is being taken. I miss Deadpan Pam. She's obviously not going to kill Tara. It would actually be good if she did, give the season a bit of pepper, but Tara won't die, so why are they bothering?YAWN.
  • The Jessica/Jason thing has legs. The Tommy/Sam thing is interesting.
  • Creepy doll/evil baby/Andy/werewolves... Too many separate storylines. All meh.
  • Witches. Some of it is good like possessed Marnie finally starting on some perhaps arse kicking maybe. Other is bad like Laffy being possessed too. Obvious storyline is obvious. Good witch v bad witch in supposed epic throwdown which will really be about as epic as a wet paper bag.

Nothing about this season is approaching the brilliance of the 2nd season or the interestingness of the 3rd. Instead it's flat and boring with occasional bits of something that might be interesting, perhaps.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Tara coming back has so far been pretty much pointless, so killing her off would actually be a good way to make the show a bit more drastic again. Killing her gf would be just the same old same old and would make tara's storyline even more boring.

I was hoping till the end that Eric had already gotten his memory back from Tara's outbreak and was just pretending to get a) in Sookie's pants and b) find out what Bill is up to. Especially since we had a glimpse of badass Eric when he was throwing Bill against the wall :wub:
Hope was crushed w/ the Staking scene, however, he'd never let it go that far imo.

The WereJason storyline was anticlimactic, why do this kidnapping/raping stuff when it's not leading to more than Jason and Jessica getting close? Could have easily be done with a car accident or something like that.

The Tommy-storyline gets worse and worse. No real development, as w/ Tara it seems like the writers don't know what to do with them so they just fling crap at them and don't show any real character development (although the scene with Ms. Fortenberry was good, the Sam actor really did well).

The show really focuses more and more on the witches, which is kinda ok, but they should remember that it's primarily a vampire story, right? RIGHT?? :D

Henoch said:
Where is Ian Somerhalder in all of this mess??
lol Henoch you're a man after my own heart ;) And: QOTW!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
meh, are we not used to the fact that great TV shows suffer from writing degeneration eventually? The shite ones carry on for years because they never had anything above the bar in the first place. Sad, but it is what it is.

I didn't hate it, but it does seem like the writers are trying to juggle too many balls in the air at once.

all these creatures ARE in the books: witches, werewolves, werepanthers, shifters, telepaths, vamps, fairies, etc (and that got short shrift IMHO), but the writers are attempting to make everything so much more amped than the books in each ep that they seem to wander off into these plot cul-de-sacs. Can they find their way out again? Shall see.

meantime, as I do not have creative control over the series, I intend to simply enjoy the eye candy

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It looks as though Alcide will become the packmaster, judging from how they've been filming his scenes. The camera's always below Alcide's eye level looking up, while the packmaster's always filmed from above looking down, so casting a relatively puny guy as Alcide's rival seems to be all part of making Alcide appear the natural choice as the werewolf leader if the other guy gets offed.