True Blood 4x02 - You Smell Like Dinner

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
DISCUSS AWAY, IMO! People who haven't seen it will stay away OR ELSE BE SPOILED.

Good episode, Eric is even hotter SQUEEEE... so is Jessica.

I loved the crazy panther people stuff. Is this another departure from the books? Jason will make a good werepanther, imo.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I feel like I saw it 6 days ago because OH YEAH I DID (online).

Another "let's fill in the missing year's backstory" ep, only with more action this time. Are they sure Sookie was gone a year? Because they sure sat around doing nothing for half the time if this is all that took place. (Same joke as last week)

When did Bill find the time at the end of last season to hire, arm and train his commandos? Because we didn't see any of it last season, yet they were there to back him up for a fight that started in the season finale.

The writers are expecting us to forgive a lot, since they are giving us the Sookie/Eric tease we've been clamoring for.

Other good stuff happened but it's been 5 days so I'll have to watch it again.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Don't the commandos work for that vampire chick he swore fealty to? FUCK, I can't remember the names of ANYTHING.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
WATCHING THIS NOW, SOME LIVE COMMENTARY

Didn't last week's end with Eric lurching towards Sookie saying "YOU'RE MINE!" like he was going to rape her? But this week he just leaves after a friendly conversation...

AGREE WITH EGGS again about the one year jump. Jessica's surprised to see the protesters outside the club as if it doesn't happen a lot and Pam says it's because of what Russell did. But that was over a year ago...

HELLO THERE naked shapeshifter girl...

CaptainWacky

HELLO THERE girl with glasses banging Bill without glasses...

CaptainWacky

They should have got James Marsters to play one of the punk vampires in Bill's flashback. What the fuck, he's English!

CaptainWacky

I hope Sam's hot girlfiriend doesn't turn out to be evil like they always do.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
They should have got James Marsters to play one of the punk vampires in Bill's flashback. What the fuck, he's English!
It is my deepest conviction that JM should gave patented his role of punk vampire back in the days, so he would at least now get royalties every time another screen writer has the innovative idea to create such character.

I loved the crazy panther people stuff. Is this another departure from the books? Jason will make a good werepanther, imo.
I'll tell you once I've seen the ep. Uh, how much book spoiler do you want? Answers can range from a simple yes/no to a short plot synopsis :D

CaptainWacky

Excuse my crudeness, but Jessica is fucking hot.

So all the time Bill was secretly working for the Queen he was secretly secretly working for Nan? It does seem liked a bit of a retcon to make him more interesting, but I don't think it conflicts with anything yet so I don't mind.

Why didn't Evan Rachel Wood just super speed away?

Better than last week's!

Yub

Anachrophobic
Don't the commandos work for that vampire chick he swore fealty to? FUCK, I can't remember the names of ANYTHING.

Yeah, the commandos worked for Nan. Bill's a bitch for the AVL and hence the Authority. which means when Russell wakes up.....it'll be fun.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
THANKS YUB

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Cassie, (book spoilers ahead)

while the love affair between Jason and Crystal is pretty much the same, in the books Crystal and the kids aren't in on the kidnapping/biting scheme; it's Fenton alone (the bad panther in the movie) who's gotten it into his head to kidnap Jason from his house and keep him in a shag in Hotshot, mainly because of jealousy.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Thanks MF Fairy for MODifying the title...that makes it very clear which ep we're discussing....

...what happened to Eric's jacket? It disappeard like magic!*rolling eyes*

liked the Bill flashbacks, liked the witches getting freaky, hate Crystal's idiocy (but those who've read the books saw this coming), am already sick of Arlene's hysteria, am intrigued by Sam's new friends (gee his brother was scamming! - didnt expect that! Narf);
am sad Miss- I can eat anyone I want -Jessica's gone wild, but Hoyt is really opening mouth inserting foot these days; Pam is as delicious and cynical as ever. lol@ Lady Gaga red dress...
Lafayette get AWAY from those people!! What if they sent Jesus to seduce Lafayette in order to draw him to their circle!?!?!

Anyone else find it odd with that flashback of the creepy fairies when Tara came up to Sookie? Sookie put it down to nerves but I WONDER....

Other than that .... move it along writers....

Yub

Anachrophobic
I too tire of Arlene. If the baby is evil, I'm hoping to flat out kills her. She gives redheads a bad name. Fenton is an idiot. Gee, let's make Jason a werepanther, that can't come back to bite me in the arse, can it? Remember kids, DRUGS ARE BAD, MMMKAY.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
First Bill tells Sookie he might be able to take care of her problem, then he insists for Eric to handle the coven personally, then voilà... Eric gets bewitched and poses no threat for Sookie (or Bill, for that matters) anymore. Quite convenient, isn't it? I smell a trap.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'd forgotten I'd watched it last week, like Eggs. But his laptop kept freezing up, so I watched it again last night.

Arlene's tv character is finally starting to match her book character, that's all I'm gonna say. She doesn't have a newborn baby in the books, but she's a raging bitch now.

I thought Bill might have told Jessica SOMETHING about Sookie, not her being a fairy, but who knows. Everybody but Eric and Bill are pissed off at her.

Speaking of Eric....I want some hot dude to look at me and ask "Why do you smell so good?" He was scruffy sexy!