True Blood 4x04 - I'm Alive And On Fire

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
My kind of episode! Lots of lovely man muscles on display!

And it's nice that Aunt Petunia got so much to do, since she was nowhere to be found in HP/DH2.

And, KATHERINE HELMOND ROCKS MY WORLD! LOL incest is funny.

Next week: Godric! SQUEE

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Drunk Eric = FUCKING AWESOME

And then when he was coming down, he was just so cute. He needed a cuddle. Alcide ASS shot. WOOT WOOT

Ok, someone's fucking with Arlene. Haven't a clue who it could be, but they are.

Oh Tommy...You'll never learn.

Pam's final outfit was H O T.

So, the witch is from the Inquisition. Still wanna know why she hates vamps so much.

Is Jason hot for Jessica now?

Next week's looks great. GODRIC

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I loved many THINGS about this episode. It was just fun from the beginning to the end. Sookie is so much more fun with Eric than she was with Bill.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
GOOD EPISODE.

NOT ENOUGH JESSICA THOUGH.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Anna Paquin is looking better this season ALSO.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It's a pity Lafayette doesn't get more to do, his reaction here was my laugh out loud moment of the episode.

1706.imgcache.jpg

Very good ep anyway. I'm glad Jason's escaped at last. I know it's only been four episodes but it seems like that story's dragged on forever. I'm not really clear on why Hambil's favourite TB beauty has turned so weird. Is she supposed to be under someone's spell, or is this supposed to be her real character all along? She's acting drunker than Eric.

Speaking of... I don't want the old Eric back! Alexander Skarsgard is an even better actor than I gave him credit for. Very subtle expressions and great range.

The blurry shots of Jessica from Jason's PoV, was there a particular relevance to those? It felt like they were trying to tell us something, rather than just showing how he was zoning in and out.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
omg Lafayette was so funny trying to get through to witchy poo; and when she said the goddess will protect us, Tara's look=PRICELESS

um, cant vamps smell other vamps? Bill MUST know Eric's there....
that was NOT the BABY writing on the wall
there will be TROUBLE YET from Debbie Van Pelt, you wait!
Alcide, Eric and even half-chewed Jason= YUM
JAson to be Jessica's LOVE SLAVE?
Poor Tommy - I want to slap him for being stupid but I'll slap that useless bitch (if you'll pardon the expression) of a mother of his!! FUUUUK! SOME body KILL THOSE PEOPLE!

and POOR PAMMMM...that spirit is NOT benign!

LIKED THIS EP ALOT!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, I thought that about Bill smelling Eric. Maybe it's enough that he's down in the bunker, but you'd think the scent would linger in the house and on Sookie.

Cinch

Axe Wielding Maniac
Well, it is Eric's house. Perhaps any scent was attributed to his previous visits there.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think Crystal is acting differently because her brother-husband had her hopped up on speed.

IIRC were-panthers can't use V, or something... I can't remember why they didn't want it from Lafayette last season so I'm probably wrong, but if I"m not then maybe that's why Jason was looking at Jessica with blurry eyes. IF he's a were-panther now? I DONT' KNOW.

CaptainWacky

I think the producers just decided Crystal was an annoying character so they turned her evil. But it's probably not that!

Yub

Anachrophobic
I think Crystal just white inbred trash batshit insane. One chromosome too many or one too few. Plus probably addicted to V, that doesn't help either.

I hope that cute little baby doesn't get the short end of the stick from stupid Arlene. She's already tried something stupid once. One wonders whether her pact to kill the child has something to do with current events.

Tommy to kill Joe Lee within three episodes.

PLEASE give something more for Tara to do than point guns filled with "wooden bullets" at Pam. PLEASE give Lafayette something more to do, the little he did this ep was gold.

Tisiphone

I like that Marnie herself isn't evil (that we know of). At first I was expecting her to be The Big Bad, but she's just being possessed by one.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Crystal is definitely a meth addict, all the family used meth and I think they made it too. I was looking at the TB wiki and apparently meth has the same effect on werepanthers that V has on werewolves. Last season when the werepanther daddy was cured with V he was pissed at Lafayette for giving him V, I think there's some animosity between the werepanthers and vampires that hasn't been shown yet OR SOMETHIGN.

CaptainWacky

Kind of weird that Jason was looking after these people for a whole year and didn't notice that they were all evil and wanted to rape him (yes I'm bringing up the one year jump again, sorry!)

Tisiphone

Well, he was around the kids mostly. Then Felton came back and was Pack Leader, and I think he made most of them do it.

CaptainWacky

I thought he'd take the girl with him when he ran away.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
That ep was the kind of TB I got addicted to in the first place.

Eric - oh sigh... at the beginning I was a bit afraid they'd give him too many comical-relief-kind of scenes, but his fun stuff plays out real nice together with the more pensive mood. Very well played indeed, itÄs the little gestures and facial expressions that makes him convincing.

Naked men all around - yay!!! To be honest, I kinda got distracted by bare-chested Alcide right along with Sookie - I even replayed the scene. Damn, what an attractive body.
The scene at the end where they hug - that's some really good acting, hotdamn. It was so plain to see that there are so many underlying emotions between them.

So Debbie's still in the game huh? They sure hint on some building tension there, that's good, I like that actress, and I look forward to seeing how much of the book's story with her will make it to the screen.

That Arlene's Baby story is boring, imo. I don't feel any emotional attachment other than the urge to shout 'run, Terry, run!' here and then.

I LIKE the Witch storyline, a lot! The actress playing Marnie is awesome, she was totally used below value in HP. Jesus, otoh, is getting more and more dislikeable, I can't even say why.

Ugh, Crystal. I think the depiction of the HotShot community (is that name even mentioned in the show?) is rather lame, too much hillbilly cliché. This is one storyline that could have used being more true to the book.
Wacky, I, too, have a big problem with the whole time jump, especially for this story line. It's not clear if Crystal and Jason have been going steady, in which case Jason must have realised she's bonkers, or if they were just acqaintances, but then her fixation on him to be the next Ghost daddy doesn't make any sense.

Just a small thing: I had a minor problem with Eric owning Snookie's (yes, I am doing it. Unapologetically so) house in the first ep, since it would basically leave Sookie completely defenseless against any Vampire who happens to stroll around, and it wasn't even mentioned. I thought it was an oversight from the writers, and I hate that kind of stuff. Now it seems like they are completely aware of it, since Bill clearly would have been able to enter if he so chose, even without Sookie inviting him.

Tommy - oh dear. I hope Sam'll find him and rescue him by shooting both their parents. He might be a little asshole, but that last scene with Joe-Lee was really painful to watch.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Preview for next week: Bill, Eric, Jesus and Lafayette get a share in the City:

[YOUTUBE]47Rf7UWqW-c[/YOUTUBE]

Tisiphone

A flair for comedy even then.