True Blood 4x05 - Me and the Devil

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
No one made a thread yet so I guess Tomtrek had to. TOMTREK?!

I liked this episode. And not just because of Jessica and her breasts and also her legs that are all so pale.

Not just that.

(mostly that)

I really like the witch plot, going into Vampire history and such, and I liked the scene where Sookie was reading the witch lady taolk to her dead grandma. That was cool.

I'm not sure about the Erik/Sookie thing if only because it was sooooo obvious that it was going to happen and then he'll get his memories back but Sookie will still like him blah blah blah.

Bill is really good as a King.

THAT'S ALL. WAS THAT OKAY?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The main storyline is good and progressed a bit. Jessica's breasts are just amazingly pale and amazingly breasty. The fucking Arlene baby story is NEVER going to end though.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Arlene's baby story is just a dud. Bringing back Tara's mom as the minister's wife just so they can be singing and dancing clowns was just ridiculous (but not in the way they probably intended).

Was there a point in the books where Sookie suddenly became a gullible idiot, like she is on the show this season?

There was crazy buzz on the entertainment sites about a "gay threesome" that was going to happen on the show soon -- I guess that .25 second shot of Hoyt replacing Jessica on top of Jason was it. Wow, EDGY!

Witch stuff was cool.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Jason's dream was hilarious. I don't mind Arlene and her devil baby, but Tara's mom and the preacher are ick. I liked the Sam and Tommy scenes, especially when Tommy turned into a gator and scared Andy.

Sookie and Eric are soooo adorable together. I guess she's not going to take her gran's advice about him.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Really enjoyed this ep. Sookie's naivety and niceness seems like it really should've worn off a few seasons ago, but you can't blame her for falling for Eric. Loved Bill's realisation that she'd lied to him, but what's he gonna do when he walks in on them snogging?!?! Yeah... a soap opera cliché, but I'm still excited for next week's.

GODRIC! WOO! He was evil, though, so just part of Eric's memory rather than a force ghost.

What can we have Tommy do this week? Oh, I dunno... has he killed his parents yet? Yeah, let's do that...

I liked seeing the reverend and Tara's mum together again. Nice bit of continuity imo. Still don't like the overall story, though.

Confirmation that Tara really did just suddenly become gay. *SMH*

CaptainWacky

I didn't even realise it was Tara's mum (probably because I never pay attention to Tara scenes unless Franklin's texting super fast in them.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh yeah I forgot about Sam & Tommy in my recap, mostly because it's gone so far off the chart. I think we get it, Tommy's irredeemable.

Oh look Tommy's crashed a plane into a building! OH THAT TOMMY!

CaptainWacky

I guess he's going to skin change into one of his parents now that he's killed them.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
He'll probably end up killing the ex of Sam's new girlfriend while being possessed by a 14th century pimp.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Evil Sam = Hot.

Wonder if that's how he disposed of the bodies he killed.

Is Sookie being naive? If you read the books, Sookie is very trusting, even after all that she's been through. She loves who she loves, no apologies.

My friend was laughing at the "packmaster" who came to Alcide's house. Even he was saying there's no way in hell he'd come up to a dude that looked like Alcide and try to start some shit.

I'm wondering why Eric came upstairs when he clearly could have heard Tara and Sookie talking. Now Tara and Sookie will have to have a DUEL TO THE DEATH.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
That space between her front teeth bugs the fuck out of me for some reason.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I guess he's going to skin change into one of his parents now that he's killed them.

Can he do that? For some reason I thought only certain types could change into other people, but I don't know why I thought that so I'm probably wrong.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Sam's girlfriend said it a couple of weeks ago. IIRC, she said native American shifters could do it. It was obvious foreboding of something. I thought it meant her ex could do it, but maybe it'll turn out Sam and Tommy can too?

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Isn't her ex the packmaster that was trying to front Alcide?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I don't know if that was her ex, but she did say her ex was a werewolf.

CaptainWacky

I imagine it's the same guy otherwise I don't see the point of the Alcide story!

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
But what an inferior grub the so-called packmaster was!!! THAT'S a werewolf leader?!?!
UN-likely IMHO...and getting in Alcide's face[yeah right] was just ludicrous...writers musta been on crack at that point.
Jason's dream was hilarious, the preacher & Tara's mom dancing was embarassing, Don't think Sam telling Tommy anything he can use against him is a good idea.

Well now we know why the witchy possessor hates vamps....I am unhappy how the writers had Pam lose her cool like that but I see how it was a plot device...but really,even with her face falling off, Pam blurting out harmful info about her Maker? She never betrayed him under torture....

awwww, Eric in bed after his bad dream......and OF COURSE Bill will catch them together! And so what? They are both free agents!
Liked the sidebar with gran's voice warning Sookie.

CaptainWacky

Maybe Bill will catch them and turn it into a really weird, rapey threeway.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HERE'S HOPING.