True Blood Season 4 Episode 10 "Burning Down the House"

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Woot woot!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Good episode!

They killed off my favourite background vamp. :(

Hoyt's staying at Jason's, Jason's staying at Sookie's, but WHERE'S SOOKIE GONE?!

Nice reference to Tara being angry as usual.

Countdown til someone starts a website dedicated to Lafayette's many hairstyles...

Probably the first episode this week that didn't have any sex or nudity besides flashbacks.

The ending would've been a lot cooler if we knew Marni and the others were definitely still in the magic shop. Instead, it seems like the vamps got all dressed up for nothing.

The Andy and Terry scenes were only bearable because of Terry... really can't stand Andy's grating voice.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Tommy. :(

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I thought it was a bit corny too actually. Also, it seemed like an oddly sudden way to kill the guy off after spending so long faffing about with him trying to get oil in Hoyt's mum's garden and all those other things. Had they already mentioned that shifters who become other people end up dying? I remember Sam's girlfriend saying it was dangerous or something, but I don't remember death being an option.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
I guess it was the mixture of being beaten up and having shifted into another human so many times.
I agree that the whole storyline was pretty much pointless with him dying, but it will push Sam farther to his dark side, so maybe that's what they intended. That, or they simply didn't know how to continue.
Still, I liked that scene, what with Alcide keeping Sam from using the deus ex machina V, and Tommy at last telling Sam what he really felt.

Anybody else pretty impressed with the plot twist reg Marnie and Antonia? I honestly didn't see that coming, at least not the full switch. I like the actress and role of Antonia more with each ep, I wish there were a way to keep her.

And, yeah, I know it has been said before, but Fiona Shaw really is a good actress.

Terry..."I don't take no drugs anymore. Well, apart from the antipsychotics" :love: And did you catch how he basically tells Arlene to stfu? Nice.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The best episode this year, IMO!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Just based on the last few seconds I now want a spin-off about a vampire commando team with Bill, Eric, Pam, Jessica and Jessica's cleavage.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
well, I got all choked up at Tommy's departure scene - so he was trying to do right by his brother after all. Look Out: We thought we'd seen Angry Sam before.......
Fukk! MARNIE'S the evil!! Aieeee.
We sooooo know Lafayette's gonna hafta save Jesus' cute butt! He's already commited to saving Tara's.
Is Debbie hitting on Marcus?

LOVE the VAMPS IN BLACK

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I actually loved Terry and Andy's scenes, probably because I'd totally DO Terry.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
MY THEORY: Tommy faked his death. He "shifted" into a dead body. He jumped up alive when Sam and Alcide left, ready to cause mischief. Maybe.

Jessica's gonna kill some shit.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Great episode, although my one nitpick is Sookie being all googley-eyed over Bill again just because she got his blood.

Does anyone else have a bad feeling about Jesus, who might I say, looked pretty hot in this episode?

Great little spin on Marnie/Antonia. I figured it would be Marnie who didn't want to continue on, but they tricked me good.

Poor Tommy. At least his last act was somewhat honorable, trying to keep his brother out of trouble. And Sam's gonna whoop some wolf ass. He's a tiny little shit, but with a buff sex god like Alcide on his side, I have a feeling he'll perservere.

Debbie and the packmaster ~~ Not a surprise.

I don't like the promos HBO has been showing, where you see clips of Eric and I assume Bill burning at the stake, and I think it's Ginger holding a crying Pam. That's fuckedupedness. :(

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Yeah, Tisi, I'm a bit annoyed about the re-found Bill-love as well. It's pretty unconvincing given how she knows he betrayed her from the start, and her past reaction to that - blood or no blood. I guess the writers wanted to build up a reason why Sookie and Eric can't just continue to be all lovey-dovey. Imho, it would have been better for Eric's scheming, feral nature coming back to be that reason, it would have lent more depth to Sookie's character.
But then, of course, Stephen Moyer would be stripped of his main character position.

Jesus - I was actually expecting him to die in this episode, and I am pretty pessimistic about his char with regards to S5...

buff sex god like Alcide
~sigh :wub: