True Blood Season 6 (premieres June 10)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
LOL NEVAR TOO EARLY LOL
Rutger Hauer Sinks His Teeth Into 'True Blood' for Season 6

Published: October 04, 2012 @ 3:49 pm
By Tim Kenneally

7226.imgcache.jpg

Rutger Hauer has just landed himself a bloody good role.

The "Blade Runner" star has signed on as a regular on the upcoming sixth season of HBO's vampire hit "True Blood," a spokeswoman for the network told TheWrap.

Hauer, whose TV work includes appearances on "Smallville" and "Alias," will play a character named Macklyn, a shady character with a longstanding connection to Sookie Stackhouse and her brother, Jason.

When "True Blood" returns for its sixth season, it will do so with a new showrunner in the form of Mark Hudis, who's taking the reins from creator Alan Ball as Ball moves on to concentrate on other projects. (He'll stay on with "True Blood" in a consulting capacity.)

Hudis currently serves as a co-executive producer of the series.
SEE YA IN JUNE!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's never too early to SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I remember when Rutger was sexy...AND HE STILL KINDA IS

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Warlow?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Robert Patrick Set As New Regular On ‘True Blood’, Will Reprise Role As Alcide’s Dad

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday December 10, 2012 @ 6:49am PST

EXCLUSIVE: Three weeks after ABC opted not to give a back order to submarine drama Last Resort, the series co-star Robert Patrick has signed on a series regular on HBO’s vampire drama True Blood, playing Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) father. Patrick first introduced the character on the hit HBO drama in the most recent fifth season where he did a three-episode arc, appearing in the three of the last four episodes of the season. He was tapped for the recurring gig in June, after his pilot Last Resort had been picked up to series by ABC. While the broadcast network stopped short of a formal cancellation of Last Resort, and the cast of the show are still under deals at Sony Pictures TV, I hear Patrick is being released so he can join True Blood.

On the big screen, Terminator alum Patrick, repped by Gersh and Coronel Group, will next be seen in Warner Bros’ Gangster Squad, Universal’s Identity Thief, and indie Lovelace, which is premiering at next month’s Sundance Film Festival.
Not rid of the wolf packs yet, it seems...

CaptainWacky

Maybe they'll fucking tie the wolf shit into the main story the fuckers.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I have given up expecting them to follow canon...and actually, most of the time I admit it's interesting not knowing what's going to happen next.
Most of the time.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HBO Confirms Return Dates for 'True Blood' and 'The Newsroom'

Written By Sara Bibel
April 4th, 2012
via press note:

The debut dates for the new seasons of the HBO series True Blood and The Newsroom have been confirmed.

The 12-episode fifth season of True Blood will kick off SUNDAY, JUNE 10 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT). Based on the popular Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris, this Emmy®-nominated hit drama series was created by Alan Ball, creator of HBO’s Emmy®-winning series “Six Feet Under.” The show follows waitress and part-faerie Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), who can hear people’s thoughts, vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) and vampire Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgård).

The Newsroom kicks off its ten-episode season SUNDAY, JUNE 24 at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT). This new series centers on a cable news anchor (Jeff Daniels), his new executive producer (Emily Mortimer), his newsroom staff (John Gallagher, Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Dev Patel, Olivia Munn) and their boss (Sam Waterston). Together they set out on a patriotic and quixotic mission to do the news well in the face of corporate and commercial obstacles and their own personal relationships. Aaron Sorkin created the series and executive produces along with Scott Rudin and Alan Poul.

Sure it seems like a long way off...

Enkephalen

My Stars!
^Because it is a ridulously long time between the season ending and the season opening. I think the long periods of time just hurt the show.

CaptainWacky

It's the same amount of time as it is every year.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
New boobies...

8456.imgcache.png
8457.imgcache.png

Amelia Rose Blaire & Jurnee Smollett Join Cast Of HBO’s ‘True Blood’

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday January 21, 2013 @ 11:00am PST

HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood is adding two females to the cast for its upcoming sixth season with Amelia Rose Blaire (90210) and Friday Night Lights alumna Jurnee Smollett. Blaire will play Willa Burrell, the daughter of Louisiana Gov. Truman Burrell (Arliss Howard), who has long clashed with her father over vampire rights. Smollett will play wide-eyed Nicole Wright, who is not concerned with money and more concerned with the common good and doing what’s right. I hear Blaire’s role is recurring that could become regular, and Smollett will be a regular. Blaire, repped by Bauman, Redanty & Shaul, and Anthem Entertainment, will be seen in the upcoming indies Commencement and Jesus Iin Cowboy Boots. Smollett, repped by ICM Partners and Storefront Entertainment, recently did an arc on Fox’s Mob Doctor.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I wonder if either of them will live through the season!

CaptainWacky

So I heard that this season is only ten episodes because of Anna Paquin's pregnancy?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
[YOUTUBE]G3xzEH1likE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fEm0PLVZHEM[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

I guess Luna dies then. :(

I wonder how they'll get around the whole "Bill is the vampire Devil and he's about to eat Sookie" thing.