True Blood: the Comic Book

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Not an April's Fools story:
Alan Ball talks about new 'True Blood' comic-book series

by Ken Tucker
Categories: Books, Dramas, Television, True Blood, Vampires

True Blood will become a comic-book series this summer. IDW Publishing and HBO have announced the July release of True Blood as an ongoing comic with storylines that will be faithful to the mythology of the hit TV series but “different from” the show’s story lines. The TV show’s creator Alan Ball had this message for fans at this week’s WonderCon:

This sounds like a cool project. With artists such as David Messina (Angel) and J. Scott Campbell (Danger Girl) drawing, the True Blood comic has a good chance to capture the show’s combination of sexiness and menace. Ball and show writers such as Elisabeth Finch and Kate Barnow will work with writers David Tischman and Mariah Heuhner, among others, on the scripts. (No mention of any Charlaine Harris involvement.)

The comics will include all of the show’s major characters, from Sookie to Bill to Lafayette.

Link to video of Zombie Alan Ball All Excited

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
*shrug*

Maybe it'll be good. But isn't what we all like about TB the snappy deliveries, sex and beautiful people to ogle at?

The stories are good, but it's more the way the actors have fun with the situations that I enjoy watching, rather than the actual plotline (which last season was a bit on the slow side, after all).

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'll probably download it!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I'm not impressed. If it was a virtual comic, that would be cool. But it's not, so meh.