True Warrior (WARNING..GRAPHIC)!!

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I dont know why, but this completely blew me away the very first time I saw this!

[youtube]68gjqn2Gmvg[/youtube]

Usually we see things like this on the African Plains. Its not too often you see these things on the beaches of Brazil!

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Honey, that is nowhere near graphic. No blood, no guts, just prey flopping around in the mouth of a predator.

The only thing that made my stomach churn was the lack of camera control. :puke:

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I'm glad he gave a warning because I would have found it upsetting. I know the jaguar has to eat but the tapir had to suffer a great deal.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Well, I guess it's official. I'm completely desensitized to violence / blood / gore.

Personal loss, and stories of true love, on the other hand, makes me bawl like a baby. Even though I know what's going to happen I cry every time I watch UP!, and this video makes my face a waterfall:

[YOUTUBE]WNfvuJr9164[/YOUTUBE]

Of all StoryCorps' videos, this one will always make me feel like someone's punched me in the gut.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
I'll watch some of them thinking "You're okay, you can make it through this time, you don't have to cry, you know what's coming," and then Annie says that line about walking in and out together and it's like someone turned on a tap.

The only one that didn't make me bawl was Miss Divine.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Like the one Onyxmoron got while drinking out of the toilet. I told him that lid was heavy and the hinge was loose......

Enkephalen

My Stars!
I'll watch some of them thinking "You're okay, you can make it through this time, you don't have to cry, you know what's coming," and then Annie says that line about walking in and out together and it's like someone turned on a tap.

The only one that didn't make me bawl was Miss Divine.

I didn't make it that far before the tap was turned on.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Their noses may be prehensile, but they're more closely related to horses or rhinoceroses than elephants. They're really only endangered due to human interference - destruction of their habitat and hunting them for their skin. They also have an extremely long gestation period.

I hope that jaguar enjoyed every morsel of his high-end lunch.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye

NeonMercuryASH

beer, I want beer
Wow. It's kind of weird but 400 miles off the coast of Chile is a giant statue of the last King of the Maya with a Jag holding his back. The Egyptians had a Pharoh with a lion. What was with these Felines? Did Extra Terrestrials bring them Facebook?

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Felines have been worshiped for centuries for various reasons. The Egyptians domesticated them as they protected their crops from mice and other pests, and were seen as good mothers.

In the Americas, cats were both feared and admired for their power and were part of religious practices that were earth-centered and full of animal symbolism.

Such admiration and worship of cats has been seen in Ancient Egypt (Bast, Maahes, Sekmeht), Ancient Greece, Ancient Nubia, Assyria, India, Scandinavia, the Americas, and even somewhat in Christianity.

It's very much a case of big cat, little cat. The large wild cats were personifications of power and warfare, while domesticated cats were associated with hearth and home.

Some things never change.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
Never had one so the in depth analysis is as close as I'll get . . . :phpcrying:

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
My love of my antique furniture, hardwood floors, various valuables, etc makes me slightly trepidatious of feline ownership . . .

Plus as a shift worker I can't give them the love and attention it would ultimately whore from me.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Many years ago, I was a cat person. I raised Siamese cats. When my last cat died of old age, I then switched to dogs, and dogs it has been since then.

I prefer dogs. Nothing wrong with cats, but I did discovery that I was allergic to them and that accounted for my sneezing, wheezing and itchy eyes all those years. I don't seem to have that problem with cats.

Cats are beautiful and independent and make great pets. Just no longer an option for this former cat owner.

Also, they do tend to destroy your stuff with the scratching while ignoring the scratching posts. Cats are quirky like that.