Wacky, you said parts of Top Gear are faked...

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Well on the episiode I watched last night (the show is on BBC America HD constantly, so I am watching as much as possible), Clarkson, Hamster, and May all had incredibly fuel-efficient cars and had to drive from Switzerland to Brighton to turn on some Christmas lights. They all did the math and didn't think they'd make it, but both Hammond and Clarkson did, despite Clarkson driving incredibly inefficiently.

Was this faked???

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I don't know, I don't watch it. I only read the electric car thing in a newspaper.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Hammond died in that crash and has been replaced by Wee Jimmy Krankie in prosthetics. You can tell because when things go well, he can't resist a grin with a "double thumbs up" sign.

Big Dick McGee

^^I understood approximately 1/3 of that post.

Big Dick McGee

LOL

CaptainWacky

That's his WIFE.

CaptainWacky

And makes her dress up as a young boy.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
^ Yep, and in the Ozark's too.

I think there's a connection.

Big Dick McGee

BDM needs to find the one where they visited America...

I've seen a couple where they visited America. Once, the had to travel from Miami FL to New Orleans in a car that cost $1,000 or less. That was the first one I saw, and it hooked me. I almost pissed myself laughing everytime Hammond would "accidentally" hit James May's car.

Also saw one where Hamster went to Jay Leno's garage, and one where Clarkson had a Corvette ZR1, May had a Caddillac CTS-V, and Hammond had a Challenger, and they drove from San Fran to the Bonneville salt flats in Utah. The ZR1 is just an amazing car. 638 HP in a car that's just over $100K. Clarkson couldn't stop raving about it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
They also did one at christmas where they had to drive to new york

Harkley

CUSTOM TITLE?!?! WHEEEE
or NU YOIK as Clarkson said it.

I think they're serious car journalists, so wouldn't fake stuff like fuel efficiency, but there is a lot of staged stuff that happens on the show.

CaptainWacky

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I saw that episode (which later had a rather tedious and overlong "Australians live upside down, don't they?" segment) and was really shocked by those so-called jokes. As Steve Coogan says, Mexicans are a very easy target when you live in a country that doesn't have any.

It was just a very cheap and pathetic attempt to be edgy, which made the three of them look like lazy, cowardly racists, who wanted to pick on someone who wouldn't be able to answer back.

Something tells me that'll be edited out when it's shown on BBC America.

CaptainWacky

If you have 16 minutes, here's the definitive anti Top Gear video...

[YOUTUBE]w0i0RXMvzMs[/YOUTUBE]

But he's only having a laugh.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Will have to track down that "one eyed idiot" clip sometime.

whisky

Boobie inspector
The same Steve Coogan who had a comedy italian character, and who regularly pokes fun at geordies and people from norfolk?

The top gear team were just generating fake drama to comment on the sky sports drama.

Notice that two people lost their jobs over low level off air sexism, wheras three people get away with blatant on air racism, which kind of proves something else was behind the sacking after all.