Walking Dead (comic)

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
How did I miss out on this series for so long?

It's fooooking brilliant.

z030606walkingdead_big.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead

They're making a TV series out of it as well which if done right could be a classic. So if by this time next year everyone is raving about the TV show I will bump this.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
It's still coming out and is getting pretty close to series finale I think. If you haven't read it all I won't spoil, but it get INtense as the series progresses, and the creator Robert Kirkman has gone on to a number of higher profile projects. he does stuff for Marvel now too...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
ComicBook Resources and Newsarama have some great archived interviews with Kirkman, some recent, where he talks about where he has gone with the series and why he did some of the things he did. Fascinating stuff, the guy is a great interview...

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
this series is the best comic coming out today.

There is no end in sight. Kirkman plans on writing it for many years

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
so now i need to read this too!?

Donovan

beer, I want beer
this series is the best comic coming out today.

There is no end in sight. Kirkman plans on writing it for many years

I thought I saw something where he was ending it? Maybe that changed when the series got picked up lol.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I'm waiting for TPB #10 to be released, I need to check Amazon and see if it's available yet.

Menty, you'll probably like "Kick-Ass", also. Have I steered ya wrong yet? :)

CaptainWacky

Mark Millar is hit or miss.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I understand Kirkman's "Invincible" is a good read as well if you like superhero-type stuff that has a different take on the genre. Haven't seen much of it. But I am growing to like Kirkman's name on a project when I see it advertised...

Yub

Anachrophobic
I just read the first five issues last night and was gonna read more today, but the main comp died. I will be getting hard copy of this when I have available funds. It's worth owning.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
Kirkman is the man. I have been reading his shit since he wrote The Crossovers for Cross Gen comics.

Invincible is great as is his other Image book, The astounding Wolfman. Hard to go wrong with Kirkman.

Kick Ass is also good. Movie comes out in the summer.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I downloaded them fresh to the laptop and find it hard to do anything else but read them. If the TV series is anywhere near as good, OMG....I just came in my pants thinking about that. Excuse me.

CaptainWacky

I'm still sad about Dale dying.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
After a marathon reading session yesterday and this morning, I'm all caught up. It's still very good...but there's a reason that zombie movies end. It is starting to get just the slightest bit boring.

CaptainWacky

Well the ending of the latest issue suggests there's going to be some action soon.

Seph

Retired Account
when is season 2 out on tut telleh?

CaptainWacky

Probably not until next October.

Seph

Retired Account
sheeeit

CaptainWacky

ANYONE still reading the comic? I'm up to date (issue 81.)

Morgan's dead (well, bitten, but he'll be dead next issue.) Shame, he's the only character other than Rick who's still alive from the first issue. But then the ending makes it look like Rick is dead too (but I'd expect Michonne to make the save with her sword at the last moment.)

Comic Andrea is SO much better than tv show Andrea. Why the fuck did they change her so much?