Warning: I am crazy

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Well, at the moment anyway - though the case could be made that I am just plain crazy.

As pretty much everyone knows, I got really sick. They even told me I was going to die. It's been a long fight (6 years) but I didn't die, I'm in recovery, and in the final stages of the process.

That's all good, but, part of this stage (and the next) involves withdrawing from medications that have been used to keep my mind 'in check', like benzos.

This is not a problem, as I don't need them anymore, other than the fact that they are about as nasty as heroin to withdraw from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine_withdrawal_syndrome

This had led to a lot of emotional instability (never enough to do anything you need to worry about, board wise or personally) but it has shown up in my posts and my time in chat.

It's been a rough few years, and an even rougher last few months, and it's going to get a bit rougher yet, but it's almost over.

Edited to add: Posting this because I was encourage too :)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
LET YER CRAZY OUT.. that is my MOTTO.

I don't have an excuse for being emotional sometimes OH... forgot that I'm allowed because I'm a GIRL. I am at the point in life where I have mood swings. I have days where I'm :rwmad: ALL DAY, but most of the time I'm almost NORMAL.

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
That's the nice thing of being a girl, isn't it? All we have to say is "PMS" or "menopause", and everyone just nods compassionately and we get away with being emotional as much as we want.
(of course, it's also annoying as hell when one gets into a righteous, beautiful, energetic hissy-fit over something really important, and the people around you just reply with the standard "PMSing, dear?")

Anyway, thanks for sharing, Hambil. :)

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
What the fuck are you depressed about? You were supposed to fucking die and you didn't.

Laugh at death, laugh at CU. Fucking enjoy it!!!

Consumer

Elder Statesman
That and you have Morrhigan. :D

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
*ejaculates*