Watched "Mike Tyson's Greatest Hits I &II" on Saturday night

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
They showed like 18 of his first 20 pro fights in their entirety. Sure, most of them were against tomato cans, but Tyson's skill and ferocity were still very impressive. In his first 28 fights, 26 of them were by KO. 16 of those were first round knockouts.

It was amazing to see just how skilled Tyson was. I always remembered him as an incredible puncher, but he also had tremendous speed, quickness, and skills. He was able to make his opponents swing wildly, and open them up to his counter-punches. His uppercut was absolutely devastating.

One of the fights they showed, his 9th pro fight, was against Donnie Long. Long absorbed some body blows, then all of the sudden unloaded on Tyson with a flurry of jabs and uppercuts that clearly landed on Tyson's face and body. Instead of staggering Iron Mike, it just made him mad, as he absorbed these wild blows and, using his incredibly quick hands, landed a short uppercut right on the button. Down went Long.

It's such a shame what happened after Cus D'Amato died. Tyson very well could have been as great as Ali. Still, watching his older fights you can't help but realized that for a short period, between say 1985-1992, Tyson was easily the best in the world. No one else was even close.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
I'm thankful I went to bed early.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
You would have loved the parts where I kept rewinding over and over to see the knockouts.