Watched Transformers

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yes, that's right, the first one. Two years late. After EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET his already commented.

Anyway, I don't see what all the fuss was about. It had okay moments. And fucking awful moments.

THE GOOD: Shia LaBeouf was pretty good considering some of the stupid shit he had to do. Megan Fox was fine too. Sam's parents were actually quite funny. Most importantly, the CGI was fucking great. And the action scenes, while a bit hard to follow, were a feast for the eyes to be sure.

THE BAD: But you have to sit through like 90 minutes of bad comedy to get there. Seriously, WHY did it need so much crappy comedy scenes that just went on and on and on? I felt like I was being punished for wanting to see giant robots fighting and the price I had to pay was giant robots peeing on people and fat black people shouting at each other.

Seriously, do all black people in america spend their whole lives shouting at their mothers or grandmothers and being fat?

There were also far too many characters. Did ANYONE care about generic army guy who just wanted to see his daughter for the first time? The Australian girl was hot, so I liked her, but there was no point in her being in the movie (she just served to introduce us to an annoying black guy.)

WHY was Frenzy (I looked the names up) so fucking annoying? Why have a robot that's designed for spying and have it MAKE STUPID NOISES ALL THE FUCKING TIME? Isn't that counterproductive?

Hey, there's Andrew from Buffy! Hey, there's Taub from House! Hey, there's, umm, Monk's brother! Hey, there's Jon Voigt wishing he was in a better movie!

Megatron was trapped in ice for "thousands of years" apparently, but his plan had been to enslave Earth's technology and create an army. Err, what technology was he planning to enslave thousands of years ago? He should have been in it more than the last five minutes of the movie.

I liked the bit with Starscream taking out the human jets. Starscream had always been my favourite. But again he should have done somethng more and shown a bit of a personality.

It was great hearing Peter Cullen voicing Optimus. The scene where the autobots arrive on Earth and all drive up to Sam and introduce themselves was pretty cool. At that point I actually thought the movie was about to get good.

Then the NEXT SCENE was the lame comedy bit with them trying to hide outside Sam's house. EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE FUCKING TRANSFORERMS. ROBOTS IN DISGUISE. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THEM. WHY DESIGN A COMEDY SCENE THAT GOES AGAINST THE VERY PREMISE OF THE MOVIE?

That about sums up the experience.

VERDICT: Not quite as bad as Tomtrek said, but nowhere near as good as AVERAGE JOE probably thinks.

CaptainWacky

OH YEAH, have to comment on Megan Fox. If I wasn't aware of the whole Megan Fox hype for the last few years and had seen this movie not knowing who she was...I'd have looked her up right away and included her on my next top ten. No question, she's hot. BUT she is still really overrated and her face is a bit too plasticky. Not the hottest woman in the world (she's not Natalie) but I'll admit I'm slightly pro-Megan Fox.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I HATED the pervy government guy (CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME, the O' Brother, Where Art Thou? guy). I didn't so much mind the Autobots hiding in the yard part because when Optimus tells whatshisname to "calm down, calm down" I always crack up (yes, I am easy). I liked the robot parts much more than the people parts, and the chase on the highway was worth all the crappy comedy bits, IMO.

Megan Fox is sexy, but I don't understand this ugly guy thing Hollywood has. Why do women need to be so hot they look fake, but any old weird looking dude is fine? I'm talking about Shia, he's not a great actor, and he isn't attractive. WTF?

And yes, all American Blacks are fat and yell at their momma/grandma.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well, the movie's aimed at not necessarily very attractive teenage boys who wish a girl like Megan Fox would fall in love with them, so it makes sense to cast Shia LaBeouf. To be fair to him, he looks a lot nicer now than he did in all those crappy Disney shows he used to be in.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I wanted to see this movie in the theaters, but when I got there, the line was full of fat blacks with their Granmommas, so I turned around and saw Norbit instead.

CaptainWacky

I thought Shia was pretty good in Indiana Jones too.

CaptainWacky

I've got no problem with comedy, just with shouty black people threatneing to beat up their grandmother type comedy (and there was too much of it.)

Peter Cullen did a good job with the hiding around the house scene, playing it straight.

I JUST WANT TO SEE ROBOTS HITTING EACH OTHEr

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Am I the only one who hated the pervy government guy? His comedy was worse than the black guy yelling about his grandma's carpet.

CaptainWacky

I don't remember him being a perv. Megan Fox made him take his clothes off for some reason.

Big Dick McGee

The F/X in Norbit were better.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He perved Megan Fox when she was in the back of the car. CRIMINALS ARE HOT.

CaptainWacky

She exists purely as a fantasy fuck though, to be fair.

Big Dick McGee

She's starting to be gross.

Kristen Stewart is oddly attractive as Joan Jett, even though she's slightly crosseyed.

CaptainWacky

I noticed Kristen Stewart long before you.

Big Dick McGee

I noticed her in Panic Room, when you were like 12. But not like in a pervy way, she was only 12 or something. Oh, and she was also in "Catch That Kid".

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
She needs an eyepatch like Callum had.

CaptainWacky

How come the cube/all spark (they should have decided on one name) justjs lgjkfnhjy

i don'teven know what I'm typing