Watching all of Dr Who. Journal entry #1

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
We have made it through all of the first three seasons. Season four is fantastic.

I've been following along with the episodes released on BBCAmerica. The difference in writing between today and then is very vivid. Today's shows are 45 minute serials. Back then, they were doing a 1 1/2 hour show per week. That's twice the time spent on plot, and character development. The Evil of the Daleks is sublimely written. Such a tragedy. It gives you pity for the Daleks. Pity for the evil, murderous, genocidal race bent on universal domination. That's good writing.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
David Tennant is the only Doctor worth watching.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
That was a stupid thing to say.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I still like Patrick Troutman. The original silly doctor.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I can't tell if Matt Smith is my favourite Doctor now and I don't think it's just because he's new and shiny. His portrayal is just pitch perfect throughout. Always has an interesting take on a scene and he manages to be really quirky and alien without being at all over the top or shouting like Tennant always did. I'm sure the scripts help, but even in the lesser episodes he's shone.

Big Dick McGee

Maybe it's me, but I've thought Matt Smith is the weakest part of every episode so far. BUT THEN I'M A BLOODY YANK, WHAT DO I KNOW??

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The thing that Matt Smith - and Eccleston before him - can do that Tennant couldn't is that he can take bad material and do something with it that would make it great. Tennant was only ever as good as the scripts he was given. When he was given gold he was fantastic, when he was given shit he was annoying.

I love Matt Smith. But Patrick Troughton is still my favourite.

Big Dick McGee

TOM 'FUCK YOU IN THE NECK' BAKER FTW. CASE CLOSED, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I prefer Tom Baker over Tom Baker's Doctor (it'd be a bit of an insult to him as an actor to say that they're really just the same person).

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
YOU HAVE A WOMAN'S BOTTOM!