Well that's kind of sad

whisky

Boobie inspector
There was a soldier in the resent tv shot for man of steel, that to me looked a lot like Sgt Greer from Stargate Universe.

So I went on IMdb to see if he was in the movie, looks like he isn't, so went on his message board on IMdb to see if anyone else thought the same, and saw this.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808606/board/

Either he has never had any threads started, or they have all been deleted.

Maybe we should start some?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I wouldn't be surprised if they've been deleted by his people. There certainly would've been posts at one time. I used to go on the SGU board when the show was running and many of the posts about him were negative, mostly complaining about his character being an "angry black man" stereotype. If that kept cropping up in threads on his page then they might've just deleted the lot.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Shame, I always liked his character, had some subtle nuances.

I guess the first stargate show had it easy with just four main characters plus General Hammond, then Atlantis swelled the number of main characters, and universe had even more.

With the same time to tell a story, and twice as many characters, I guess it was always inevitable that some would be better served by the writers than others.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I think they made a fair attempt at explaining why he was angry and no-nonsense, through flashbacks, but perhaps it was a little late in the day when they got around to that. I can't say he ever really grew on me, but it was good at times to have someone who'd cut through the crap and just GET IT DONE.

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
I don't remember thinking he was a stereotypical angry black man, he came across more as a battle hardened, no nonsense soldier that thought the civilians were mooing cattle. And he's hot.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Tyr was hot. I miss Tyr.
I know. Different show.
Still, Tyr was uber hot.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I remember when he had a flamethrower.

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
Tyr was hot. I miss Tyr.
I know. Different show.