Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you having for Thanksgiving dinner!

^^sounds like the food should be served on biodegradable paper plates. The plates are probably tastier than the food. So sorry for the taste-free meal you will be thankful for.

I'm going to have turkey with dressing, gravy, asparagus with almonds, cranberried baby carrots, deviled eggs, fruit salad, Parker House rolls with lots of real butter, and a glass of iced tea. When that has settled, I plan on having pumpkin pie with a couple of big scoops of vanilla ice cream, followed by a piece of chocolate fudge cake. Friday, when I can move again, I intend on getting up and having some of all of it again because a Thanksgiving worth doing once is worth doing twice. In fact, I plan on having Thanksgiving all weekend because I am truly thankful this year. Amen.

I've cooked the Thanksgiving meal for probably 23 of the 25 years that I've been down here.

This year's menus (8 attending):

Turkey and stuffing.
Hawaiian rolls (family likes them)
Deviled eggs
Cranberry sauce
Sweet potato casserole
mashed potatoes
cole slaw (made by Mom)
gravy
peas
olives
carrot sticks

Lemon meringue pies (I usually make them, but Mom wanted to do them this year)
Coconut creme pie (Mom makes this for my brother)
Pumpkin pies

Pretty typical menu for Thanksgiving. It's the one day of the year that I truly enjoy cooking. I guess it helps that I love turkey. Mmmm.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

I think this will be the 4th or 5th Thanksgiving hosted at my house. Planned menu:

Honey bourbon galzed turkey
Dressing, 3 kinds: traditional (bread, cellery, onion, etc.) in the bird, chestnut sausage, and oyster corn bread
Mashed potatoes
Sweet ptoato casseorle
Honey glazed brussel sprouts with pearl oniions
Green beans with toasted hazelnut butter
cranberry relish
gravy
Barbecued teryaki pork loin (for those who don't like bird)
pumpkin pie
pecan pie
mince pie

11 people total

Pre-meal snacks:

artichoke-spinach dip
grilled prosciutto wrapped figs stuffed with gorgonzola
selection of cheeses
supresat
bread and crackers

And throughout the day, lots and lots of wine, primarily zinfandel and pinot noir

My ex is taking over my house and having dinner with the kids. It's her year to have them.

Me and my friend are heading out to Connecticut and will probably wind up having Filet as we did two years when we went to Vegas when my Ex had the kids thanksgiving.

Hors d'ourves in between the parades and the football?

My sister brings her famous spinach-dip-in-a-bored-out-loaf-of-pumpernickel bread, where you dip the bored out pieces.

Thanksgiving!

What other time of year can we indulge in a full scale Turkey Holicaust and delight in the devourlment of roasted fowl carcass.