What happened to Mister Chips after Catchphrase?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
You never see him on tv anymore.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I think BBC4 did a documentary on him a while back.

Basically what happened is that after Catchphrase ended, he tried to take his act on tour at various holiday resorts, initially with Roy Walker but they later had a falling out which meant that no one could say "Say what you see!" and the entire show died there.

After that he got various odd jobs, some advert work, he was shortlisted for a I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! but was considered "too obscure". Eventually, after a series of drug problems, he decided to end his life. The only clothing he hadn't sold for drugs money was an old racehorse outfit from his Catchphrase days. Putting that on, with a tear in his eye, he put out a short "This is the end of my life" tweet to his four followers, got on his kitchen table, put a noose around his neck, and stepped off.

The police eventually arrived days later, knocking down his locked door and rushing into his dining room to see the sight before them, whereby they instantly said "Is it... 'Hung Like a Horse'?".

CaptainWacky

RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
THIS IS WHY THE MINE FIELD SHOULD NEVER DIE. YOU MUST ALL CONTINUE TO POST HERE FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER OK.

CaptainWacky

I am legally required to post this.

[YOUTUBE]qtM0-ZFwiNo[/YOUTUBE]

CaptainWacky

Did you watch it yet.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I came in to this thread all excited to post the video Wacky posted.

Maybe next time.

IS DENNIS NORDEN DEAD YET?

CaptainWacky

He's not the kind of person who dies.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Still alive at 89, says wikipedia.

I like this passage:

The colour short, entitled "A Child's Guide to Blowing up a Motor Car", went behind the scenes of an exploding car stunt being filmed for Thunderball. Norden takes a young relative on a day out to a movie set, where they meet several stars and production team members, but not Sean Connery.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Fuck Sean Connery then.

CaptainWacky

Losers meet Dennis Norden's young relative on the set of Thunderball. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.