What I take seriously on this board...

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Satire. Occasional flashes of it here.
The exercise of the "Ironic Persona", for example "Skin of Evil" vs. the actual author (whom I strongly suspect but who has not admitted to authorship). Jillian may or may not be another example. Ironclad was my own. I find putting such things up personally too energy-intense to bother anymore, but I enjoy seeing others do it.
Media Critique. Sad but true on a Troll board, but a lot of the commentary on film and TV is very well written and thought out and I enjoy it.

Very little trolling anymore. Can it be that there really IS nothing new under the sun? Or maybe, considering there's almost a decade of history around here if you include precursor boards, we are all just worn out?

Menty, thank you for keeping the lights on.
Miss Manners, you know how I feel about you (and you have my thanks as well).

Just some musings...more serious than the badlands, less important than "lip-service".

Love Child

One Love
Hey. Hey now. The badlands is serious fucking business. I don't know who you think you are, Mr. Mr. Consumer guy, but I don't take kindly to anyone telling me that the badlands is not serious. Now if you will excuse me I have to go write about how I have not had an orgasm yet today. Or yesterday for that matter.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Re: lack of orgasms; I can help you with that.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Just don't squeeze the base on the upstroke, you'll be fine.

Lilac

Luci ain't got nothin' on me.
Satire. Occasional flashes of it here.
The exercise of the "Ironic Persona", for example "Skin of Evil" vs. the actual author (whom I strongly suspect but who has not admitted to authorship). Jillian may or may not be another example. Ironclad was my own. I find putting such things up personally too energy-intense to bother anymore, but I enjoy seeing others do it.
Media Critique. Sad but true on a Troll board, but a lot of the commentary on film and TV is very well written and thought out and I enjoy it.

Very little trolling anymore. Can it be that there really IS nothing new under the sun? Or maybe, considering there's almost a decade of history around here if you include precursor boards, we are all just worn out?

Menty, thank you for keeping the lights on.
Miss Manners, you know how I feel about you (and you have my thanks as well).

Just some musings...more serious than the badlands, less important than "lip-service".
I suspect you may be onto something with the decade of history bit.