Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is....

strtarts.jpg

Whats the ante?

;)
mm

I'll play poker.... and talk about the most uncomfortable social situation I was ever in....

*ante's*

Well, when I was about 14, my best friend told me that another friend was giving a party that night and that I was invited. I was excited and asked my mom if I could go, and the whole nine yards.

What I ahd failed to do was to call the party giver and *verify* that I had actually been invited. :(

So my mom drives me and I arrive.. pretty as a button I might add.. only to have the party giver look at me at the front door like I had leprosy. Well, thank god I'm bright and figured out I'd been made sport of by my [no longer] best friend.

I smiled and she stammered, and I said, I need to use your phone. I was going to call my mom to come and get me. WELL, I walked in and low and behold everyone there was glad to see me, and no one wanted me to go, EXCEPT the party giver and my [I did say she was no longer my best friend right?]

Everyone pretty much made the party giver feel like an idiot.. and I had a blast and met my first boyfriend...

All's well that ends well!!!!! :bigass:

I'm in, nickel ante anyone? I have some change left after New Years.
My most recent uncomfortable social situation?
Fourth of July
I was invited by a co-worker to his house on the harbor to view the fireworks.
He said there would be a BBQ and lots of food, and I could bring a couple friends.
So I invite some friends-tell them there will be food and that they don't need to bring anything-I had asked him many times if I needed to bring food, chips, soda, whatever, and he said, "Please, no, just come, it will be a delight to have you here"
So we show up-and he tells me they just got done eating and the show will be starting in about an hour or so.
My friends show up-and I quickly rush to tell them that I don't think there will be any food-its late-we are in the Harbor-no stores close by that are open-and we wonder what to do.
I finally ask my friend what the deal is-that I thought he would be feeding us-he and his wife were quite drunk-so I think they had no idea what was going on. So he fed us leftovers-what they had left from their dinner-and we decide to make a run for the convience store to get some snacks-closed. So we wait for the show-see a most awesome show of fireworks on the water set up by some lawyer-and then leave, and will never go back again.
I never asked him about it at work-I have no idea what happened-but I think it has something to do with his angry drunk cheating wife.